What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm an idiot :biglaugh: I went to take some pics of my bike, and was admiring my work when I noticed I didn't take care of the front.

I waxed, polished, cleaned everything but the radiator and oil filter area. :bang head:

So I'm off to the garage to take care of that bit now.

But, she still shines pretty good though :clapping:

Attachments

• 7-09_2.jpg
    7-09_2.jpg
    59.7 KB
  • 7-09_3.jpg
    7-09_3.jpg
    57 KB
  • 7-09_1.jpg
    7-09_1.jpg
    68.2 KB
Well having fitted the Intimators, wave rotors and Supertrapps, as well as removing the windshield for a while, I thought I'd take a few pics too.

And no, I didn't wash it and it's been raining quite a bit lately..

P1070104.jpg

P1070107.jpg

P1070113.jpg

P1070121.jpg

P1070115.jpg

I decided to leave the main switch on to see if I could still Max with a battery voltage of 5 Volts......nope. Fuck.

Well having fitted the Intimators, wave rotors and Supertrapps, as well as removing the windshield for a while, I thought I'd take a few pics too.

Well, to quote the old TV show... " Lookin' Lookin' goooood!!:punk:"
what is that on your bar clamp? clock? gauge?

Got my fancy new V MAX reservoir covers and installed them on the '99 with the nice allen head screws [email protected] sent me......thanks Mike!!!

Decided to play around on one of the OEM covers with a file and a bit of sandpaper and this was the result.....

Obviously needs a lot more polishing but I was wondering if anybody has done this or if there are any opinions......like this maybe:

1) Incredible work danny, drop dead gorgeous!! :clapping:
2) Looks like a lot of work for very little gain! :confused2:
3) Looks like ass, NEVER would I put a pos like that on my bike! :bang head:

danny

Attachments

• 100_1577.jpg
    100_1577.jpg
    38.1 KB
Got my fancy new V MAX reservoir covers and installed them on the '99.

Decided to play around on one of the OEM covers with a file and a bit of sandpaper and this was the result.....

Obviously needs a lot more polishing but I was wondering if anybody has done this or if there are any opinions......like this maybe:

danny
I vote #1, those are really nice just spray some enamel or good laqure clear coat and you`ll be golden.
<<Dave>>:punk:

P1070104.jpg

P1070107.jpg

P1070113.jpg

P1070121.jpg

P1070115.jpg

Look'n good. What brand rotors are those?

Got my fancy new V MAX reservoir covers and installed them on the '99.

danny

I'll give it a 1.5) Looks Good, a Nice custom look. Needs a little more polishing with finer sanding.

Gutted out my old coils and installed COPs. HUGE thank you to NaughtyG for the fan-f**kin-tastic write up and to Birdoprey for sending me the easy plug-n-play kit. Bike fired right up when I finished. I now need to get out for a ride!

Got my fancy new V MAX reservoir covers and installed them on the '99 with the nice allen head screws [email protected] sent me......thanks Mike!!!

danny

It looks great, you've stumbled accross sweet low cost bling. I dunno if it's the light, but, like you said, it looks like you have a little more polishing to do. Looks like you have found the mini version of hand polishing the scoops.

danny
:clapping:

I take it has been raining a lot there too, huh????:bang head:

It looks great, you've stumbled accross sweet low cost bling. I dunno if it's the light, but, like you said, it looks like you have a little more polishing to do. Looks like you have found the mini version of hand polishing the scoops.

Not the light KJ, it's just a rough copy right now, but yeah...lots more polishing work to do!!

I was just curious what, if any, thoughts everyone would have.

danny

number 3, of course :rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

honestly? Not bad, get the 2000 wet n dry then a bit of elbow grease with Mothers, and you can prolly make some good money on fleaBay :punk:

these are the rotors from eBay - sold from Hong Kong by seller 'saveyourbuy'.

This guys used to sell them here for a while, and a few people (jedi, redbone) bought them and loved them. Cheap too! :eusa_dance:

I run em too :biglaugh:, No complaints at all, been well into the triple digits and no problem. Noticeable difference on the stopping power. Plus a great guy to deal with. :punk:

Attachments

• Max09_1.jpg
    Max09_1.jpg
    86.4 KB
  • Ram_Max2.jpg
    Ram_Max2.jpg
    84.9 KB
I run em too :biglaugh:, No complaints at all, been well into the triple digits and no problem. Noticeable difference on the stopping power. Plus a great guy to deal with. :punk:

I can definitely feel the difference already in stopping power - between the larger diameter, the waves and the new HH pads, it's changed a lot.

I have a problem, however, I think somehow my calipers aren't aligned properly as I get a heavy vibration when braking, as if the rotors weren't flat. Can't work it out yet, I've checked and rechecked but it's still there.. :bang head:

I can definitely feel the difference already in stopping power - between the larger diameter, the waves and the new HH pads, it's changed a lot.

I have a problem, however, I think somehow my calipers aren't aligned properly as I get a heavy vibration when braking, as if the rotors weren't flat. Can't work it out yet, I've checked and rechecked but it's still there.. :bang head:

Hmm, you may have had a bad batch, I'd give him some email and tell him.
Mine are smooth as silk. it took me a bit to get used to them, it was a little bit damp out when I had a cage cut me off. I hit the brakes and locked up the front.
No pulsing, or vibrations, just firm, quick stopping power. I believe Jedi's got them too, both front and rear.

Latest posts

Back