What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just sat and looked at it while I organized my tools:eusa_dance:
Maybe I`ll go for a little ride tomorrow.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Well I have been getting a few days off. Getting caught upon the honeydew list. I washed the beast and put on the headlight realay setup. I have great light now. Got some carb work to do and check the fuel pump output this coming weekend. I am going to go thru and check the float levels again. I set them dry but didnt check wet. Will put new gaskets and o-ring under the jet block. I think I have 152 jet in and if I have 150's will go to them. New plugs and tune from there. The bike gets much better mileage than it did and runs better but been a long time since I was able to do anything on it. Will probably change all the fluids. CHanged the front fork springs to racetech about 3 weeks ago. See how much I get done. :)

Hey Ty,
Are you sure thats what your wife asked you to do this week ??:hmmm:
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>:biglaugh:

Nop but got caught up on that list so I can do some manly man things I hope. I know she wants to go shopping so maybe I can do it thel LOL

Installed a PC680 battery to replace a problematic OEM style battery. It works great and gives me a head start on my electrical upgrades planned for this winter. I also received my EB headlight relay kit and a cigarette lighter kit so I can plug in my GPS or other device (phone/ mp3/ etc.). I purchased the SAE connector for the cigarette lighter kit so it can serve double duty plugin for a battery tender. Mounted my RAM handlebar mount from my ATV for my GPS on Redbone. I need to do some work on this mount as it looks crappy IMO.

I didn`t get to do anything to it today.:bang head:
Busy running the kids around and getting my daughter registered into Jr. High school,
Maybe tomorrow.:confused2:
<<Dave>>:punk:

Bike's been in its capsule cover since the weekend. Was away on Sunday, and it's been pissing down with rain ever since, in the afternoons, when I would get to ride it to work..
2moro I'm taking two African beauties to the beach, so it'll have to be the V8. Should get a sidecar for the V4 lol !

I rode it up to the university to get parking permits for it and my truck. On the way back it started to rain. So I detoured the ride home and went for a nice hour and a half, refreshing ride in the rain. :thumbs up:

I put on Galfer brake pads from Python Motorsports, the inside pads had obviously worn faster that the outside pads all the way around and I let the rear go too long as you can see in the pics!

I also finally got around to putting the venture rear on, I got it over a year ago off ebay and had Sean paint it for me.

Took it out for a test run and ended up racing one of the Blue Angels, I almost had him...:rofl_200:, they're flying all over getting ready for the airshow this weekend, loud ass hell out there.

I love the taller gears, 65mph and still just below 4k on the tach, still felt strong in 1st and 2nd.

Attachments

• DSC02144.jpg
    DSC02144.jpg
    84.2 KB
  • DSC02145.jpg
    DSC02145.jpg
    46.5 KB
  • DSC02147.jpg
    DSC02147.jpg
    75.2 KB
Pulled an all nighter last night on the CR. Finished the fork seals, did the oil, and installed the forks. Installed new shift forks and thrust washers in the tranny. Slapped the cases back together with the crank and she felt good so I kept going. Completed assembly on entire motor. Set the motor in the frame. Created a homemade chain buffer that is embarrassing but 100% free so who cares. Installed swingarm. Carb, subframe, airbox, wheels, chain, etc. Basically everything is done other that a new air filter, fuel tank, seat, and fluids.

It's been dead for years. I'll find out tonight if I brought it back to life or just wasted a shitload of time and money....

Got started on mine today:
- fitted the Galfer front brake lines I just got from Sean - Chris (4gasem) you can rest now :biglaugh:
- took the opportunity to remove the M/C to repaint it - it's primed and painted now, 2moro it gets the clear coat
- also repainted both M/C clamps and the mirror bolts - it's all gonna be better than new!
- took off the clutch M/C and sent it off to Gary (turboVmax) for the lever mod
- took off the Supertrapps and sent them to Kyle (I'm getting his Jardines :eusa_dance:
- painted the back ends of my new Fiamm AM80 horns - get'em weatherproof as they'll live in my engine guards once fitted - they gonna be so 'stealth' all in black
- getting ready to do a valve adjustment tomorrow, I got the box of shims from Sean too and I'm hoping all the ones I'll need will be there. Thinking of photo documenting the valve job, thought it may come in useful for our bruthas n sistahs here. :punk:

- getting ready to do a valve adjustment tomorrow, I got the box of shims from Sean too and I'm hoping all the ones I'll need will be there. Thinking of photo documenting the valve job, thought it may come in useful for our bruthas n sistahs here. :punk:

definitely!

Put a SCREAMING air horn on it..........Didn't take long out on the road before I encountered my first "deserving" motorist.....

:clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping::punk:

Changed/bled clutch fluid and replaced Purolator filter core. Next, lubing throttle cable, speedo cable, and stand pivots.

Changed/bled clutch fluid and replaced Purolator filter core. Next, lubing throttle cable, speedo cable, and stand pivots.

Same here Mark-o....sent the master/lever to Turbovmax for the lever mod, blew out the s/s Galfer line, removed and cleaned the slave cylinder and ordered a rebuild kit from Gary McMoy. After that is installed I'll replace with new DOT 5 fluid.

Then the same process on the brakes.

Back