What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About tires... I got to thinking the same as cowboy. Bought a tire balancer and weights fom HFT. A tip for what it is worth, I use a hack saw to remove the old tire. Squirting soapy water on the blade helps a lot. P.S. the balancer takes some patience. and sometimes I have to rotate the tire 180 to get it closer. Lots of soap on the tire bead helps to insure a good fit during inflating,(use a brush ) . cheers

About tires... I got to thinking the same as cowboy. Bought a tire balancer and weights fom HFT. A tip for what it is worth, I use a hack saw to remove the old tire. Squirting soapy water on the blade helps a lot. P.S. the balancer takes some patience. and sometimes I have to rotate the tire 180 to get it closer. Lots of soap on the tire bead helps to insure a good fit during inflating,(use a brush ) . cheers
My buddy Steve O and I have had good luck ditching weights and using dyna beads.

My buddy Steve O and I have had good luck ditching weights and using dyna beads.
Yeah I've tried dyna beads before. Never could tell if they worked or not. I actually have a pack for the front and rear in my tool box.
I took a quick ride today and I could not feel any wierd vibration at all. I slow rolled a lil bit and took it up to 85.
Seems fine to me with no weights on at all.
I'll ride it for now and see if it changes.

Yeah I've tried dyna beads before. Never could tell if they worked or not. I actually have a pack for the front and rear in my tool box.
I took a quick ride today and I could not feel any wierd vibration at all. I slow rolled a lil bit and took it up to 85.
Seems fine to me with no weights on at all.
I'll ride it for now and see if it changes.
I used them front and rear on the 07. I rode with no weights vs weights, same speed, same areas of town, and did the trips about 30 mins apart. Just long enough to put the beads in. I didn't notice any smoothness in the bike, but did notice less vibration in the mirrors, so they did work. I've put them in every bike since then.

Back