why is there always " CRUST ON MY "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
i MY CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER & FRONT BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER , ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR GET CRUSTY FROM UNDER THE LID'S , I HAVE TAKEN THE LID'S OFF NUMEROUS TIMES AND CLEANED THEM AND THE RUBBERS , I EVEN HAD TO REPAINT MY FONT BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER LID , IT HAD GOTTEN SO FRIGGED-UP ! .. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM ?

Never! I'm always sure to use non-chlorinated brake clean to clean the rubber, plastic, lid and rim around the reservoir very well, wipe dry and reinstall. I've had zero issues with paint peeling. I also wax them.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

think once the corrosion starts in the aluminum it keeps coming out. might have to be cleaned and metal prep with alodine which etches the aluminum, otherwise bare metal will keep reacting.

ya one of mine also does that and the other is good. think if from the factory they spilled brake fluid on it, it seems they always keep corroding. :confused2::confused2: not sure, sure is a PITA.

Tim, I have to admit that as soon as I saw "why is there always crust on my" and saw you name I got a bit nervous...:) :) :) :)

Tim, I have to admit that as soon as I saw "why is there always crust on my" and saw you name I got a bit nervous...:) :) :) :)

I gotta admit I was a bit tentative about opening this thread too!! :ummm::ummm::ummm:

Timmy, do you have aftermarket covers? Wonder if the mating surfaces don't mate all that well? :confused2:

I gotta admit I was a bit tentative about opening this thread too!! :ummm::ummm::ummm:

Timmy, do you have aftermarket covers? Wonder if the mating surfaces don't mate all that well? :confused2:
i ALL STOCK , AND HAVE BEEN CLEANED MULTIPLE TIMES ! ... AND I DON'T SEE ANY REASON WHY THIS KEEPS HAPPING ! .. :confused2:

Cop,

Make sure they are not over filled and try to get the top as level as possible, put a small level on it to check. This may take care of the situation.

O

i ALL STOCK , AND HAVE BEEN CLEANED MULTIPLE TIMES ! ... AND I DON'T SEE ANY REASON WHY THIS KEEPS HAPPING ! .. :confused2:

dude you'll have to live with the fact that no matter how many times you just wipe the stuff around the hole, it will be crusty :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: time for stronger medication :rofl_200:

Like I said, mines a 2006 too and they look like new. I'm super anal about wiping them completely clean before reassembly though. All stock as well.
I realize it has super low miles but honestly I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

i . YOU GUY'S ARE " CLOWNS " AND I LOVE IT ! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: , BUT IF ANYTHING THEY ARE ON THE LOW SIDE , THEY ARE BELOW THE MIDDLE OF EACH SITE GLASS ! . :confused2: . :confused2: . :confused2:

maybe too low and too much O2 in there and now its making that crusty mess hahahah, sorry bro no answer but reg corrosiveness of aluminum from the fluid... gotta chg them and start over again or treat with alodine to stop the cancer

I hate to admit it, but I'm a little crusty too. I keep cleaning it but it keeps coming back. Guess I'll have to rub some alodine on it. Does that stuff burn?

Dammit Tim, all I want to know is whether or not this crustiness is contagious...If so you make sure to keep your crusty ass resvoirs away.

Back