'92 value

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lethal dose

Reaction score
Hey, guys. New here. Got a few bikes looking to aquire another. Dad's buddy has a '92 vmax. 15k miles, new stater, new driveshaft... yeah... he RODE it. Bike looks good, runs good, etc. Neither of us know what it's worth. Kbb and nada put it at high $2ks to low $3ks... I don't trust half of what they say. I know it's a buyer's market, but doesn't that seem a little low? Maybe not. Other then the kerker exhaust, bike's bone stock. Lemme know what you guys think. Thanks!

Hi,
Welcome aboard.
I bought a 93 with 33,000 miles on it last fall. It was in fair to good condition and I paid $2200.00. I felt I got a good deal on it. A lot of the bikes in poorer condition were going for $3000.00 and up at the time.

I think low 3k is about right considering the age/miles. I would always go higher first though (ie advertise @ 4k +) and then barter down, then the buyer feels he got a bargain.

Don't ever advertise at the price you think it's worth or want to get!

haha ok. A good deal would be anything between 2 and 2.5k. Above that it gets more 'ok' price, but it needs to be really good, with service history, and all consumables (tires, pads, etc) in good order too. If it's been ridden it's usually better, if it's been sitting you're buying a can of worms that will need a lot of sorting out.

In the end it's an older bike, and it's a buyer's market. Also the most important upgrades (beefier front forks, chunkier front brakes) came in '93. At least with a '92 you have the electronic ignition already (started in '90).

And then bear in mind you could grab a '99 to '03 for around 3k-4k too..

You mean it's been sitting for two years solid?

It's not that it's that *bad*, but most likely the carbs will need to come off and get properly cleaned unless it was stored dry or with decent fuel conditioner present.

Ride it, see how it feels.

Latest posts

Back