Another Exhaust Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcmem8

Reaction score
G'day Fella's,

I'm still looking at exhaust systems, I was looking at the UFO slash cut full system.
Can I please here your opinions ? Would you choose this over a Marks system?

Cheers Lads :)

i have slip on cobras on my 85 i love them not sure if you want to do slip on or full exhaust. alot of guys i know up here in NY have a 4 into 1 system and they love it for the look and the power gain i think it changes the vmax look if you try to put pipes on one side or just a muffler lol

I like the Mark's exhaust note better and the quality has been excellant over the 4+ years I've owned my SS 4 into 2 exhaust. Mark is also very good to work with, and has worked on developement of the Kerker exhaust and designed his exhaust specifically for the '85-'07 Vmax.
To reach Mark it is best to call him during the mid AM hours California time.
Here is a video I shot the second season I had the exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEexwfjAisU&feature=channel
I hope you have a subwoofer on your computer to get the full Mark's exhaust effect!!

I have the UFO slash cuts and I will buy the Marks system the next time. I like the looks of the slash cuts but I dont think the quality is as good as the Marks and the slash cuts are overbearing loud.

In researching mine, part of what sold the Marks was the sound that Redbones bike makes.
The UFO's look better to me. Actually I like the megaphones.
The thing that I heard from everyone about the UFO's is that they are loud. They are so loud that people who ride with you get pissed off. Disturb the peace loud.

When people spoke about the Marks, they said it was loud. They didn't ever say loud enough to piss people off.

Mostly to try and avoid a yellow lickey, I went for Marks. I think you know what I mean. It's just what I heard. Everyone has an opinion.

Also some people say that Jon (from UFO) is a bit of a wacker. When I spoke with Mark he seems as honest as the day is long. Once again, everyone has an opinion.

Nobody has knocked the quality of either one. They both have people recommending them 100%.

I would think twice about a Marks system.

My bike going on two weeks of being torn down because of the Marks system.

First it was shipped without springs, than the rear pipes are too long and the can is off a 1/2 inch.

Still waiting on new rear pipes.:bang head::real mad::real mad::real mad:

First it was shipped without springs, than the rear pipes are too long and the can is off a 1/2 inch.

That sucks.
Hope mine isn't like that!

Well i have a Marks exhaust and i love it. I bought a ufo and could not get them installed(by myself or a local motorcycle shop). Mark sent me my exhaust and told me if you like it then you pay for it ,if you don't send it back. He sent out the exhaust I installed it and then sent the payment in. I don't see anyone else doing that now a days. Jon was very nice to me and gave me a full refund. I have bought several items from Jon . I have no problem with him. But I love the sound of my exhaust just wish I would have black ceramic coated the whole thing not just the headers....Now if I need anything else I would buy it from Sean. This was before I knew of him.......

That sucks. I can honestly say that is the first that I've heard anyone having any major issues with one of Marks exhaust.

That sucks. I can honestly say that is the first that I've heard anyone having any major issues with one of Marks exhaust.
+1
+1
Although I'm a Kerker guy, that's the first complaint on a Mark's system I've heard.
+1
The only thing I had to adjust on my Mark's system is after 2 years I bought Progressive 440 shocks and the cans were closer than I liked to them. I used a thin washer behind the rear footpeg bracket rear mounting point which gave me ~1/4" clearance at the shocks.
If you have a issue with a Mark's system it seem it's a very rare occurance. It sounds like he is stepping up to correct the issues for you paulibiker.

Latest posts

Back