Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I just need a cruiser for long distance trips. So I open this up for experienced opinions. Should I buy a vstar, kawasaki concourse, or a Honda vtx or Valkerie? Thanks in advance for your opinion. Tman...over and out

Take a look at the FJR also, they make a great long distance cruiser.

Hey all...just a quick intro and already a few thanks to hand out as a new vmax owner and partipant on this forum.

Always wanted a vmax since they came out in 85. Finally got a deal on one via ebay in october. An 06 with less than 3000 miles. As expected I have put another 1000 into a bike that sat dormant for a couple years. While the carbs had been rebuilt a few hundred miles before my purchase. ..I just had them done again. It now purrs like a kitten.

After the usual experiments with yamaha dealers in Tampa, I finally networked into kyle clegg who did a fast and fair priced job on cleaning my carbs and basically tuning it in what I perceive as original form. Since I am not much of a mechanic or tinkerer, I definitely need someone like kyle on my team.

I also had great responses from sean and Danny of this forum. ..so I now feel more secure in the purchase. Thanks guys.

Now I just need a cruiser for long distance trips. So I open this up for experienced opinions. Should I buy a vstar, kawasaki concourse, or a Honda vtx or Valkerie? Thanks in advance for your opinion. Tman...over and out

I had a Vstar 1300 with an Ultimate seat and different bars and it was great for long distance...I now ride a Honda St1300 for touring and really love it as well. But that's just me...I lean more to the sport bike instead of the cruiser. Just try them out and go with whatever fits your style...

Whatsup guys, I'm new to this forum but I've been lurking and learning from you guys for some months now. I bought my '93 V-Max in March of last year, and haven't been able to leave it alone since. I first wanted a max when I was 16 but realized I should probably own a few other bikes before strapping myself to one of these beasts so my first bike at 18 years old was a 1984 nighthawk 700S, then I rode a 1986 v45 sabre for a short while, then I tried to build a 1982 750 seca project bike which ended badly, then while I was stationed in San Diego I bought a 2006 FZ6, which tried to kill me by losing traction on some freshly "repaired" road on an on ramp, which resulted in: 2 broken vertebrae, broken right wrist, broken knee, partially severed pcl, broken left foot, mild TBI, and about 2 months in a wheelchair followed by 6 months on crutches and 6 months using a cane. After my recovery I decided to hop right back on a bike and rode the seca before selling it to a friend and buying myself the V-Max with some of my severance money from the military.

It's a pleasure to be a part of this forum and I look forward to learning from you guys and eventually contributing if I ever come up with something clever. :biglaugh:

After reading some of the great info on this forum, I just bought my first vmax. It's a 91 with 12,000 miles, stage 7 kit (v-boost still intact), kerker 4into1, progressive springs, all the stuff you guys recommended and all I can say is I LOVE THIS BIKE!!! I've had many bikes over the years and this bike puts a smile on my face like no bike ever has. I just wanted to say thank you for all your great posts. This sight is going to be such a valuable resource.

Welcome to the best vmax information sharing site available! Jeff here in Cincinnati...

Sent by the Verizon 4G Data Network

Hello Gents. I've been reading the forum for about 3 weeks now and studying all that I can. I would first like to compliment you all on the vast knowledge and know-how of you guys and I can only imagine the load of shit you had to trudge through to get that way. I am picking up my new-to-me 1988 mostly stock Vmax tomorrow at noon in Joplin. I've wanted a vmax for the last ten years. I've owned the V65 magna, a hopped up Vrod, and my last bike was a bored out VTX1800 with a 260 on the rear. Needless to say I couldn't just get "any bike" coming back into the game when I've owned and ran all these tough bikes so there is only one solution. VMAX. I will be attending the Eureka Rally and I am looking forward to meeting some of you there and tearing up the mountains. Have a good night and ride safe guys.

New guy checking in.... Just bought my first max Saturday. It was a sweet barn find! Been sitting for over 10years with 12,000 miles. The best part was the price... $700.00

New guy checking in.... Just bought my first max Saturday. It was a sweet barn find! Been sitting for over 10years with 12,000 miles. The best part was the price... $700.00
Dang, that's a steal! Toss up some pics of it when you get a chance, and welcome to the forum!!

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the great find.

Latest posts

Back