Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've been lurking around here for the past 4 months or so after picking up an '85 project. The PO had it under a tarp in his front yard for a few years. At least he had the tarp right? So I've been going through and trying to find every "how to" on this forum. I can honestly say I would've rolled this lil cream puff out to the street and set it on fire if I hadn't found this site. But now hopefully ill have it on the road in a week or 2. Thanks for all the info and parts LOL.

Well, I've been lurking around here for the past 4 months or so after picking up an '85 project. The PO had it under a tarp in his front yard for a few years. At least he had the tarp right? So I've been going through and trying to find every "how to" on this forum. I can honestly say I would've rolled this lil cream puff out to the street and set it on fire if I hadn't found this site. But now hopefully ill have it on the road in a week or 2. Thanks for all the info and parts LOL.

aaahhhhhh....another satisfied customer....:biglaugh:

My name is Jason and I live in NC, close to the coast. I have not found anyother Vmax owners around my area to share information with, really no mechanics either that know a lot about the Vmax. My Vmax is an1995 and I love it. I have wanted one since I was very young, well worth the wait. I truely want to say thank you for all the helpful information posted here.

Welcome everyone! This site is a wealth of information! I couldn't begin to tell you how many hours I have spent reading threads and searching this forum for information. Everything I have wanted to know has been answered one way or another. Welcome and enjoy!

Hey Guys,

I joined the site a few weeks ago, because my Dad could no longer keep up with his Dad's Vmax (my grandfather) who passed away a few years ago. It is a 1994 all original all stock that my grandfather loved to pieces, and has put 130,xxx miles on her. She as been all over the United States and up to Canada quite a few times. I'm so thrilled to have her and thanks to Sean Morley, She will hopefully be running like new again in no time. I glad someone took the time to make this thread, the Vmax is such a worthy bike to have a community such as this to share the love of this great piece of engineering. Thanks to all you senior members. :punk:The pictures are of my grandfather like 5 years ago, the second is the most recent picture I have of the bike taken a few weeks ago, and the third is just one of my grandfather and a friend on a trip, location unknown.

-Matt
DadMccreary_2010057_zps492a54af.jpg

Vmax_zpscfd0b6f1.jpg

DadMccreary_2010147_zps209a036c.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome mvmccreary, Geat your keeping your familys legacy alive. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as your dad and grandfather. :punk:

hello everyone!!!! new max owner......saw one an 85 at a dealer and fell in love. found a 97 and i didn't hesitate buying it, he price was RIGHT ($2,500 lol) 11,000 miles, stage one jet kit, super trap cans, shaved seat, k&n air filter. guy sold it so cheap it sat for 2 years in his garage. had a stuck float and he didn't have time to mess with it. stumbles when idling, gonna do the shotgun trick tomorrow, i also put some seafoam in it already.......13 years of mechanic experience. went from a 78 goldwing that i pretty much restored to this, lol......whoa what a difference. the guy also did the furber fix on the front steering head to help rid the "death wobble"......all in all i love it, but i must remember the vboost kicks in at 6 grand, not a good deal in 2nd gear i must say.......... i find alot of good info on here, so with that and a shop manual, i am covered if something should arrise. awesome site!!!:punk:

Hi ya boys & gals! Alex is the name, V-max is the game. Old school V-max rider. Owned an 85 in 85 and i was hooked. Was a victim of hit & run in 1986 on 101 freeway in LA. I have stayed clear of idiots since. I'm often asked: What am i doing with youngster's bike? ...Staying young! :)

Hey all,

I'm in the hunt for a V-max to replace my Ducati Monster that I'm tired of. I haven't been hunting for very long but I've wanted a V-Max for about 15 years now.

Hopefully I can find one soon.

Later, Doug

vmax newbie here

Hey guys! Just bought a Vmax few weeks ago. Ive only been riding for a few yrs. Had an 88 kawasaki vulcan as 1st bike. Sold that and saw a guy had a vmax for sale on CL. Liked the look from the pic, so checked it out and had to have it! So far I freakin love it. I may have some ?'s Im sure can be answered here when I have more time.

As you will see from pics I have a corbin on it in 1 pic and stock seat in other. Corbin seems better for longer rides, but its too wide in thigh area, so I put stock seat on. Any suggestions on seats?

Attachments

• IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0292.jpg
    IMAG0292.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Re: vmax newbie here

Hey guys! Just bought a Vmax few weeks ago. Ive only been riding for a few yrs. Had an 88 kawasaki vulcan as 1st bike. Sold that and saw a guy had a vmax for sale on CL. Liked the look from the pic, so checked it out and had to have it! So far I freakin love it. I may have some ?'s Im sure can be answered here when I have more time.

As you will see from pics I have a corbin on it in 1 pic and stock seat in other. Corbin seems better for longer rides, but its too wide in thigh area, so I put stock seat on. Any suggestions on seats?

Get with Sean (one2dmax) Morley, and he can cut down your stock seat, or get with Rick (twistedmax), he makes seats in his garage (maxgasser seats). Me personally I went with the maxgasser. They are expensive, but in my opinion...worth it.

new guy here

Howdy from aggieland, in Texas.
I too had wanted a Vmax since as far back as I can remember. I finally came across a deal recently and snagged up a well used '98 with almost 35000 miles on it. Ive only had it a couple months and have MADE time to put a 1000 miles on it. I have found my second love!
I will have a ton of questions for you guys...starting with the size of the gas tank. I was aware of the poor gas mileage and small tank, but it didnt really sink in until I put a few miles on this thing and realized how often I'll be poppin the seat to fill up. My question...is there ANY available larger aftermarket tanks or any other suggestions on how to get more than 90 or 100 miles out of a tank?
My next question...Im happy with the factory seat, but I would like to look into a Corbin and give it a shot. Has anyone tried a Corbin and are you happy with it?
Alright guys...thats all I have for now, but Im sure I'll have more. Thanks

I appreciate the help, but that link is telling me I am not authorized.
Try these:

Very expensive Exactrep 1.3 Gallon (6 liter) Tank that replaces the Faux Tank:
http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/Extra-fuel-tank-1.3-gallon--6ltr-.---Exactrep-1994-11_T.html#SID=21
And another High Dollar 7 Liter (1.8 Gallon) Tank from Mek:
http://www.whaccessories.com/Vmax Accessories.htm
And some more options here:
http://www.v-max-f-maerz.de/vmaxkatalog/750_en.html

Some guys use these:
http://www.tourtank.com/TourTanks.html

And some guys extend the Swing Arm 3" and fab up a 1 gallon Larger Tank that goes where the Stock Tank is.

Latest posts

Back