Being Unfaithful

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly to say the Max is gone , yes i will miss her but now i will just have to put up with this . It goes well , handles and breaks well is body friendly aswell .
5 days on 800+kms later and its all good . But you never know 1 day i may be back plus i will be dropping in from time to time . :punk:
My buddy is upgrading from his2008 triumph bonny and is looking at the same bike you bought. Please let us know what you think of it a little later. Power, distance ridding,handling,smoothness. would be good to get a real rider opinion instead of a magazine. NICE WHEELS MAN !!

I'm not sure I could ever sell my Max. Just love it too damn much. While I'm not going to say I'll never own another bike (how realistic is that?), hopefully some day I'll still have a 50 year old Vmax in my garage.

I liked my Magna, and thought it was a great bike. Well built, dead reliable (like anything that says Honda on it), but it just didn't have the fun factor of the Max. I was a bit sad to see it go, but having the Max replace it got me over it pretty fast.

yep even if theyre not the fastest bikes anymore, they have soul. everythings cool and fun about em

My buddy is upgrading from his2008 triumph bonny and is looking at the same bike you bought. Please let us know what you think of it a little later. Power, distance ridding,handling,smoothness. would be good to get a real rider opinion instead of a magazine. NICE WHEELS MAN !!

Well for a big bike (330+kg) you wouldnt think it is , you can easily throw it into corners and scrape the pegs with ease . Its low down torque is just amazing as it can haul arse when needed , its 200 rear grips very well with the metzs that were designed for this bike . As acceleration goes not as qiuck as the vmax but it will get u to 80kmph in 1st and it will push you back in its seat . I had the demo bike up to 190km before running out of road ..
Economy well it has a 22 litre tank so even at 120kmph (6th @3000rpm) you will get 400+kms between fill ups . Comfort - its like sitting at home on your lounge suite , with its forward pegs , riders seat which incorporated with the pillion gives you a comfortable ride , i did a 400km ride last weekend and i was ready to go around again .
As for smoothness yes it is , was a bit jumpy in 1st to start with but that has gone since running it in , it rides like a dream .

The only negatives i can find is the stock bars do have some vibes but nothing like a stock vmax , that doesnt effect my riding ability or want to stop riding to take a break either .
The other one is the fuel gauge , you flick thru the comp it gives you mileage , time trip 1 trip2 and kms to empty now this will countdown til empty but in fact you will have 1 gallon left .

Now i have had my 1600 thunderbird for 1.5 weeks now have ridden 1500kms and love it , it has to be the most easiest bike i have ever ridden .
Its has more power than any other bike in its class and is 17% more economical aswell .
Yes there is the thunderbird storm thats coming with its abs and 1700cc motor , i looked at the big bore kit but opted for the TORs sports exhaust instead .
Im planning on doing some long 2 up trips on this so the longhaul seats and sissybar and luggage rack is bout to be ordered but when its just me the single seat will do fine .
Also there is over 100 accessories to go with this bike , prices are a tad on the expensive side but there are starting to be some competition out there for these . :punk:

Excellent, sounds like your well pleased with the performance, comfort and versatility of your new Trump! I like the looks and the test reports give it a good showing as well.
I will get another bike someday (most likely a FJR) but I hope to keep Redbone for blasting around and such.

Latest posts

Back