Bike Resto in full effect

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are 298 mm OD.
Thanks for the complements. I've been putting in as much time as possible to get this done in the next week.

Getting down to only the details left, bet your anticipating that first run through the gears. Although many have said it, I want to add that you have done a great job of documenting, both by text and photo's.
Looking forward to the final unveiling!:punk:

Here are the Hayabusa calipers. I had them sand blasted and sprayed them to match the engine. I replace the bolts with stainless. They have HH pads also. Should work well.

DSC02833.jpg

DSC02834.jpg

DSC02835.jpg

They look nice. I wouldn't have coated the pressure plate and bleeders. You can add a detailed look by superficially sanding the letters until you remove the paint so they can highlight in alu color against that black...

They look nice. I wouldn't have coated the pressure plate and bleeders. You can add a detailed look by superficially sanding the letters until you remove the paint so they can highlight in alu color against that black...
Think he painted them so it wouldn't be to hard to remove it if he wished to do so. We all have our own taste in what we do to our bikes. We all can't be the same .

A great job on all you have done, looks planned and well-executed, coming-along nicely.

Better get-used to wearing earplugs, good ones, w/that UFO Dragstar exhaust. It's essentially a straight-through exhaust w/a can that does little-very little-to "muffle" the sound. You are going to be short-shifting a lot in town, and none of your rider friends are going to want to ride close to you, especially to your right. See how-long before they tell you, "no-thanks, it's "too-loud!" when you ask them to ride by you. For H-D riders, that's saying something!

Ya I want the exhaust to make a statement.

Better stay out of Palm Beach Gardens as those police will "make a statement" on your head w/their truncheons when you ride through their jurisdiction w/that Dragstar! They are 'intolerant.':confused2:

It might be tough to stay out of the Gardens. :rofl_200:

I figured loud exhaust isn't an issue with police since all Harleys are loud. Am I way off base?

It might be tough to stay out of the Gardens. :rofl_200:

I figured loud exhaust isn't an issue with police since all Harleys are loud. Am I way off base?

I noticed that when I passed cars 'on the throttle' to my right, they often jerk their heads like someone just threw a diamondback (or here next to the Everglades) or a cottonmouth in their lap!

I've been chipping away at the bike. I have most of the electronics done. The horn was relocated to the left scoop. A speedometer bracket was fabricated from the old light bracket. The speedometer was wired in (mostly). The radiator and cooling system is together. Everything is coming together nicely. Tomorrow I will have the hand controls together and get the carbs on the bike. Its getting close to being fired up.

DSC02843.jpg

DSC02844.jpg

DSC02846.jpg

DSC02848.jpg

That is really looking good, I love the speedo. I hope that the end of this year mine is as together as yours is now. :worthy:

Latest posts

Back