Chromex Exhaust Experience?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conman

Reaction score
Has anyone had their aftermarket exhaust coated with chromex?

If so do you have any pics?

Also, how has it held up if you've had it for a while?

I'm looking to get a Mark's 4-2 SS coated in it and I'm wondering what to expect. I'm looking to get as close to the "chrome" look as possible.

The headers on my Dale Walker pipes are ceramic coated but I can't say who did them.

Have been on the bike for over ten years now and generally they have stood up very well. There is one place under the motor where some corrosion, about an inch by half inch, has formed.
No idea if this was due to an initial coating issue or caused by some other damage that penetrated the coating.
The bike is used almost exclusively in dry conditions so I can't comment on the durability if used in more inclement weather.

Bottom like is that I would recommend the ceramic coating.

Holds up pretty well but starts to blue at the header area especially on the rear pipes. Was annoyed at first but not as anal about it now. You can try and coat the pipes after chroming to try and prevent the bluing with dynacote or similar but its hard to get it evenly coated.

Holds up pretty well but starts to blue at the header area especially on the rear pipes. Was annoyed at first but not as anal about it now. You can try and coat the pipes after chroming to try and prevent the bluing with dynacote or similar but its hard to get it evenly coated.

When you say there was bluing, are you talking about just regular chrome plating or a ceramic chrome lookalike? The chromex says its good for 1300 F and I've read online that temp wasnt an issue. My main concern is how shiny it is when I get it and how shiny it will be in a few years assuming good upkeep and mostly fair weather riding.

Back