Divorce

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When there are kids involved, it's always best to try and work it out, I tried EVERYTHING I COULD to make my first marriage work, but my ex-wife would have none of it. She literally told me "I can do better than you." That's the bottom line, most women are always looking for the BBD, bigger better deal. What's really funny is that 20 years later, she doesn't have a pot to pi$$ in, my kids have grown up and figured out WHO the responsible parent was, and I have a better relationship now with BOTH of them, and they see their mother for what she truly was, a user. She was GORGEOUS too, especially in our early 20's when we got married, and she used those looks too. There was ALWAYS another guy in the picture, every time we split up, because she was never responsible enough to hold a decent job or pay her bills. But she didn't have to, she'd just find another guy, screw him, move in with him and see how long it took until the BBD came along again. Usually 3-6 months, she moved just about every time the rent was due. LOL. I told her all along, eventually her looks would be gone, and she hit a BRICK WALL at 40, looks like hell now at 50. My kids grew up OK despite the life she gave them, and I did everything I could, only seeing them every other weekend. Oh well, such is life, nothing you can do about it but try to make the best of it. I can tell you one thing for certain, having a hobby, like rebuilding bikes, is what helped me keep my sanity. If not for that, I probably would have lost my mind! I still hope your situation doesn't turn to $hit, but the odds are stacked against you my friend. Our legal system is really a POS, but it is what it is, you can't fight it and win. The women OWN the custody and child support world, nothing you can do about it but grin and bear it. However, remember this. What comes around, goes around. If your wife is anywhere near as evil as my ex-wife, she'll get hers some day. Kharma is a biatch! :punk:

I'm hearing you guys. I don't like what I'm hearing but I am hearing it. At this point I can only prepare my self to get raped, and if I'm lucky it won't come. If I'm not lucky at least I have some friends to share my misery with lol and there is plenty to do on the Vmax to help me with the anger lol

Update on the Vmax!! She is running! Thanks to some trouble shooting help from Jamie and Steve, She started right up this afternoon. I'm currently changing the oil, but I came inside to verify oil capacity. So needless to say I'm very excited. Next is the wheels, but in the mean time, is there any way to verify that my clutch is working properly with out the rim/tire on? I just want to be as ready as I can be once the wheels come in. And I made a rookie mistake and was messing with the brake handle while the wheel was off and my freaking brake pads are now touching. IDIOT. How would you guys handle that?

I'm hearing you guys. I don't like what I'm hearing but I am hearing it. At this point I can only prepare my self to get raped, and if I'm lucky it won't come. If I'm not lucky at least I have some friends to share my misery with lol and there is plenty to do on the Vmax to help me with the anger lol

Update on the Vmax!! She is running! Thanks to some trouble shooting help from Jamie and Steve, She started right up this afternoon. I'm currently changing the oil, but I came inside to verify oil capacity. So needless to say I'm very excited. Next is the wheels, but in the mean time, is there any way to verify that my clutch is working properly with out the rim/tire on? I just want to be as ready as I can be once the wheels come in. And I made a rookie mistake and was messing with the brake handle while the wheel was off and my freaking brake pads are now touching. IDIOT. How would you guys handle that?

Pop the bleeder and if you're lucky you can wedge a screwdriver or two in there and press the pistons back in. If not, you'll have to pull the pads out and do it with a C-clamp, then reassemble. You'll probably need to bleed them out a bit too.

10616578_985333751500330_6707377609771573295_n.jpg

10984837_985333808166991_2223618848535609444_n.jpg

Finally..... sorry it took so long. I ll email tomorrow.

loosen the master cylinder cover, wrap a rag around it to catch any spillage, then gently pry them apart with a flat screwdriver
That's how I did it when I pulled in my brake lever a few weeks ago, forgetting that the calipers weren't back on the rotors yet.
It's simple and worked perfectly, they moved easily and went right back on the rotors without a problem.

Im really moved by this group, what awesome support, bro-code is Live and well. I got a nasty D after 15 yrs and had no such support, cycletherapy was my saving grace during and after. I learned how to tour aimlessly just to keep away from her bipolar ass. Being alone rocks, life improved exponentially after it was done and I could look in the mirror and know that everything was proper, I was finally free and true to myself. being alone is really damn nice when your at peace with yourself. Its liberating to learn how to say NO to women wanting exclusivity or to move in or control you in some way. Never EVER should an adult male take orders or seek permission from any woman! You can come and go without explaination, watch Walking Dead with your feet on the coffee table while smoking an Ashton. I have no somber words for you, it can be a little rough at first but if you keep your focus and avoid excessive drinking you are at a threshold of happiness and quality of life higher than you may believe possible. My relationship with my kids is excellent and life is essentially drama free. There really is no downside other than that initial hit and period of reinvention. As it turns out im generally incompatable with American/Americanized women, .:eusa_dance:

It looks likd you got the bike covered fairly well but if you tour into the Black Hills hit me up, cigars on me and Ill throw some ribs on the fire. I may take some time off and make the next ralley, It sounds like a really decent bunch.

10616578_985333751500330_6707377609771573295_n.jpg

10984837_985333808166991_2223618848535609444_n.jpg

Finally..... sorry it took so long. I ll email tomorrow.

Todd they look fantastic! I'm so impressed!! Thank you! :clapping::clapping:

Im really moved by this group, what awesome support, bro-code is Live and well. I got a nasty D after 15 yrs and had no such support, cycletherapy was my saving grace during and after. I learned how to tour aimlessly just to keep away from her bipolar ass. Being alone rocks, life improved exponentially after it was done and I could look in the mirror and know that everything was proper, I was finally free and true to myself. being alone is really damn nice when your at peace with yourself. Its liberating to learn how to say NO to women wanting exclusivity or to move in or control you in some way. Never EVER should an adult male take orders or seek permission from any woman! You can come and go without explaination, watch Walking Dead with your feet on the coffee table while smoking an Ashton. I have no somber words for you, it can be a little rough at first but if you keep your focus and avoid excessive drinking you are at a threshold of happiness and quality of life higher than you may believe possible. My relationship with my kids is excellent and life is essentially drama free. There really is no downside other than that initial hit and period of reinvention. As it turns out im generally incompatable with American/Americanized women, .:eusa_dance:

It looks likd you got the bike covered fairly well but if you tour into the Black Hills hit me up, cigars on me and Ill throw some ribs on the fire. I may take some time off and make the next ralley, It sounds like a really decent bunch.

caseyjones955- It is really awesome how great this group of guys are and it's impressive the distance between us, or even the fact that we haven't met in person, doesn't matter to anyone. We're all brothers. I appreciate all the support and advice and encouragement this group has given me. If anything has helped me out in this time of need it has been this forum. I'll be forever grateful. I'll definitely hit you up if I'm ever in the area for sure

Its good to have others when things are dark, your about to step into the light though! Im really happy for you and I hope your able to get some good rides in to boot. There is something about a week long tour that makes everything alright. I find touring wide open regions is a great time to get my head together and stay centered. Im 47 now and have never been happier in my life.

Today is my last work day, i provide around the clock in home health care and have been here since the 1st, I bought a 99Vmax last week and have not even ridden it home yet. I was going to try to hit Thunder but its to close, no time to prep the bike. Ill have to go next year and wait till then to meet some of these great folks. It would take me a week to get there avoiding congested roads and cities. Im going to plan on attending next year. I hope to get a chance to ride with you and the others soon.

UPDATE...

Just got a serious offer on the house and it is looking like this will be the end. We should be to settlement August 31, 2015. We've already sorted out everything else (Custody, money, holiday schedules.. etc) so this is progressing very nicely. We made a Facebook post to tell the world that we didn't need their input about how and what we should and shouldn't be doing and got a very good response of support from it. Well I did at least. I appreciate all you fine fellows for advice, encouragement, help with the bike, and just being my Vmax brothers! Wouldn't have made it this far with out you. Here's to the next few years.

:cheers:

Glad to hear it's all going smoothly as can be!

When I got my D I heard a lot of folks say a lot of things but the best thing I heard was "listen to the best lawyer you can afford", and "Never date/marry a woman whose first language is English!" Both of these tidbits have proven quite valuable to me. I dont even drive American cars anymore!

Seriously if I were not already a nurse I would be a male rights advocacy lawyer.

To new beginnings my friend!! :cheers:

That good news now ask your soon to be wife for twenty bucks and put it your pocket until divorce is final then go blow it or get blowed !! worked for me !!
LOL, Good advice !!!
I personally went to stay with my brother in Hawaii for 2 and 1/2 months just after my divorce was final.
I had a great time and that was the Best Revenge possible.

After almost 20 years, look like this is where I'm headed.

Two things I have learned about women:

1. They marry you hoping you'll changed and you don't, you marry them hoping they won't change and they do.
2. The older men get the more "content" they are with less, the older women get the less "content" they are with more.

I'm currently stunned & shocked................. :sad2:

1. They marry you hoping you'll changed and you don't, you marry them hoping they won't change and they do.
2. The older men get the more "content" they are with less, the older women get the less "content" they are with more.

This is quite true, we age to become esteemed and distinguished, they become old/fat/naggy/short haired/frigid/daytime TV watching... et al. (in the case of my ex anyway, and so many others)

There are LOTS of girls out there in the 20-28 yr old range with daddy issues, just sayin'. LET THE FESTIVITIES BEGIN! :th_love031: haha

Hang in there. I know the first little bit is rough, but after a few months it starts to get easier and you'll see you CAN be happy again. Surround yourself with good brothers like we have on here, keep yourself busy working on stuff or finding a new hobby you've always wanted to do and give yourself the time you deserve to do things that make you happy. Working on my Vmax has gotten me though the roughest part of this and I got to ride it to go hang out with my Vmax brothers. Win-win :punk: If you need to talk pm me, email me, or call/text.

Matt
302-604-2738
[email protected]

That's great news Matt. Divorce is seldom this amicable. Ask me how I know?
But it was for you, and I'm happy for you. It's too bad more couples that decide to go their own way can't get it done without the drama. This got mediated instead of litigated. It is better for your son and the both of you.
clapping.gif

Sorry to hear Bro. Remember you're not alone. The best thing to do is live a good life and go on with your own. The best chance of getting treated fairly is, accept it. Don't react from anger, and iron out things between yourselves if possible. Don't let a lawyer become your relationship councilor. They have terrible motives and encourage conflict in many cases. A new found freedom is in your future. Get ready to enjoy it.
punk0000.gif

Steve-o

A lot of us on this forum have been there. You can lean on us if you need to.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Back