Don't you just LOVE your Max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer

Reaction score
Ok, I have to admit, I've only owned my V-Max for a few weeks so far, but I gotta say I am LOVING this bike so far. It took me a bit to get used to it coming from the sport bike arena, but now that I am adapted, I just LOVE this bike!

I have to say overall more than any bike I've ever owned.

No, it's not the fastest any more, and wasn't as fast as the "legend" I had built up in my head, but it's just a SWEET damn bike. No wonder Yamaha built it for so long with essentially no changes.

It's made my ride to and from work a treat, and I can't wait to go ride the thing. I feel like a kid again with my first bike.

I'm even enjoying actually being able to work and tinker with a bike again, unlike the CBR600 I traded, which was like owning a Honda Civic. It's a great car, but just not much to do with it except ride it.

I'm even liking the imperfections the thing has; adds to that thing we call "Character."

I'm enjoying the type of attention it gets; just today some dude went out of his way in a jeep to pull along side me and start asking me a bunch of questions about it, "Wow, do they still make THOSE? Do you like it? How FAST is it? That thing looks AWESOME!" etc, lol.

Anyway, can you guys relate to this? Does your Max just put a smile on your face every time you throw a leg over it?

Man I love this bike! :punk:

Ok, I have to admit, I've only owned my V-Max for a few weeks so far, but I gotta say I am LOVING this bike so far. It took me a bit to get used to it coming from the sport bike arena, but now that I am adapted, I just LOVE this bike!

No, it's not the fastest any more, and wasn't as fast as the "legend" I had built up in my head, but it's just a SWEET damn bike. No wonder Yamaha built it for so long with essentially no changes.

It's made my ride to and from work a treat, and I can't wait to go ride the thing. I feel like a kid again with my first bike.

I'm even enjoying actually being able to work and tinker with a bike again, unlike the CBR600 I traded, which was like owning a Honda Civic. It's a great car, but just not much to do with it except ride it.

I'm even liking the imperfections the thing has; adds to that thing we call "Character."

I'm enjoying the type of attention it gets; just today some dude went out of his way in a jeep to pull along side me and start asking me a bunch of questions about it, "Wow, do they still make THOSE? Do you like it? How FAST is it? That thing looks AWESOME!" etc, lol.

Anyway, can you guys relate to this? Does your Max just put a smile on your face every time you throw a leg over it?

dead on my man, just one good romp on the throttle and damn i love this beast, over and over. dave

Absolutely. I had a guy in the gym yesterday asking me to sell mine to him.

Sorry Chief, not for sale, but thank you nonetheless! :)

-

I am from the sportbikes as well, and I have enjoyed my max the best. I agree that the couple of negatives the bike has add to character....afterall the are no other bikes like them!

To me its always been the exhaust sound with the supertrapps I just love the sound and of course the looks of the bike. The scoops always reminded me of a bike with a blower on it from a side view.

I'm in love with Maxine too!

It's that V4 rumble, those curvy yet powerful lines, and that kick up the arse when my wrist twitches, every time!

I am from the sportbikes as well, and I have enjoyed my max the best. I agree that the couple of negatives the bike has add to character....afterall the are no other bikes like them!
Those couple of negatives are only modifications waiting to happen !!
this bike has so much room for that that even though they look the same on the outside there is plenty of room for indivdiualisim and then it becomes YOUR BABY and as I have found out, That is where all the fun is , oh yeah and the ride after too.lol
<<Dave>>:eusa_dance:

No not really, it handles like a turd, its slower then a go kart, its less reliable then a 1948 panhead, but I luv my VMAX and all the grief it gives me and all the laughs I get from buddies when they blow past me.
My VMAX reminds me of a woman,, she is costly if you want to have fun, she requires lots of attention if left unattended, everyone stares at her when I take her places, and my buddies always ask if they can ride her:rofl_200:

Is this it?

No not really, it handles like a turd, its slower then a go kart, its less reliable then a 1948 panhead, but I luv my VMAX and all the grief it gives me and all the laughs I get from buddies when they blow past me.
My VMAX reminds me of a woman,, she is costly if you want to have fun, she requires lots of attention if left unattended, everyone stares at her when I take her places, and my buddies always ask if they can ride her:rofl_200:

Is this it?

Gee Lankee...what kind of guys do you hang with??? :rofl_200:LOL:rofl_200:

Seriously, I am lucky enough to own 2 of them, and I love them both. They have totally seperate and unique personalities, but I love each of them for "who" they are.
As Lankee said, the v max IS a lot like a woman, and 2 of them is just like trying to manage 2 women....twice the money, trouble, maintenance, etc....BUT TWICE THE FUN!!
For all it's quirks the v max is a hell of a bike, I can't see me ever switching to any other bike.

While it will most probably have you spend all of your $$$ on her, at least the Vmax will never divorce you for riding another one! :eusa_dance:

ill let yuz know in a week or so...................:tantrum: :rofl_200:

Hell yea I love it,
Not many other bike have the Mystique of Mr Max. People are
damn near in awe of it, just the way I like it.
Vmax born
Vmax breed
I'll be riding my Vmax until I'm Dead !!!

Back