Handlebar Risers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Gen-Mar risers on yesterday, same set-up as ams21ams but here's how they look with Flanders drag bars.

The Flanders, riser, Sportmax combo works really well for my back & neck.

Attachments

• 100_1389.jpg
    100_1389.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_1394.jpg
    100_1394.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 55
Looks good Danny. It's funny how each of us find a little different setup that makes us comfortable. I found the stock configuration uncomfortable in my lower body in the form of leg cramps. When i put on the drag bars it pulled my upper body forward, along with lowering my seat just a couple of inches made a world of difference! I was thinking that I needed forward controls to help ease my leg cramps but the upper body change did the trick for me.

That is totally cool. Being that it is on a rounded surface
how to you get it to wrap without wrinkling ?
Looks great

TY - NOT airbrush though....it's a "wrap".
Vinyl decal "wrapped" around the tank.
Got the idea from KJSHOVER, any local sign shop can do it. About $110 bucks!

Hardest thing is picking a decent picture that doesn't offend the wife or kids!

That is totally cool. Being that it is on a rounded surface
how to you get it to wrap without wrinkling ?
Looks great
Probably off topic but i think they just apply the graphic and work out the bubbles and kinks. I don't even think they used a heat gun. I asked when I picked it up 'cause there were still some "bubbles" on tank face. He said not needed - the sun would work them out over time.....he was right, but I helped them along too!!
The underside could have been finished better; after almost two months now, I just used alittle clear packing tape to hold down the edges which on the underside were wrinkled and lifting slightly.
The installers should have kept the "wrap" going to the underside more instead of trimming it along the bottom flange of tank.
A cool cheap alternative to paint, best of all I could peel it off and go back to my stock tank!

Latest posts

Back