having my carbs re jetted...anything else??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the extra octane not being necessary.

Star shows 4 needed @ $20.33... Thanx again Mark...
His dilemma is that Bandit told him the part came in
quantities of 2 per pack at that price. Each sounds
more correct...

Yeah, I don't order most parts from Bandit. You pay more. I like Ronnies or Yamaha Discount.

As far as the octane goes...how can I get non ethanol in non premium??

THANKS FOR THE LINK TO THE PARTS!!! That's just what I need. Those part numbers are exact!!! Thanks so much!!!

There are only 4 places in town that I know of that sell non- ethanol super...which is what someone had recommended. I don't know about the 87 non-ethanol

It ignites harder so more byproducts result resulting in dirty cylinders, valves, etc. If you use ethanol it's best to add a treatment like BG Supercharge.

I'd use Non Ethanol anything before using Ethanol...

Just run it harder to keep things clean...:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

So I should be looking for 87 non-ethanol or buying fuel treatment to offset the ethanol? I've been running a half bottle of Techron with every fill up of 92 non-ethanol....will that work??

Anything over 87 octane is wasted on a stock vmax motor. All the gas in the Houston area has ethonal and the 87 octane runs fine as long as the bike does not sit for more than a couple of weeks

That's the key, A bike with "E" crap thanol in the tank shouldn't sit untreated with something very good....
I run Non Ethanol as it is available. sometimes it's 87 other times it's 89, 90, 92 or 93 Octane. I'll waste
the extra cost just to have "Real Gas". My Brother in Law is getting very rich replacing fuel tanks, fuel lines
and rebuilding or replacing carbs or injectors on Hot Rods or Boats... He tells me everytime he sees me to
use Non Ethanol until they absolutely quit making it...

I found some stuff to use if I get far enough out to need a fill up of Ethanol...
It's made right here in St Petersburg...

http://www.sentrytreatments.com/

http://www.ethanolrx.com/

Yamaha's here takes about 4 days max on most parts they don't have in stock... Good Luck...

Yeah, they said 4 days, no shipping charge....$81.32....vs. $69.81 shipped from PartsPak.com. Now if PartsPak.com can get them here in 4 days as well, then I'll be in business....I really can't wait to get my bike back!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back