how to install a 4 way flasher on the v-max ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been wanting to install a 4 way flasher feature on the bike.
I was thinking about following the diagram attached, but don't you think it's a bit overkill ?
Any suggestion about a simpler way of doing it ?

Thanks

Michael

Attachments

• 4wayflasher.jpg
    4wayflasher.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 38
Good idea. The diagram doesn't look too involved.....but it does seem to be missing a flasher unit.

I installed a Signaldynamics Back Off brake light signal module XP several years ago. I have two brake lights, this module is connected to the lower one.
The XP model, which is for incandescent as well as LED lights, or a combination of both, also has an optional circuit - the instructions state it can be used for "Emergency motorcycle flasher or car back-up light"
I use this circuit for the same taillight, but have it on a direct power supply from the battery, with a hidden switch. The ignition does not have to be on.
However, Signaldynamics does have a disclaimer - the XP module is rated at 10 amps, suitable for only three 1156 or 1157 bulbs.
To be on the safe side, if you wanted to use this for all your signal lights, I think you would have to have LED signal lights on your bike.
Do you want your signals to flash as an emergency option, when the bike is stopped, or when on the road driving ?(I suspect that may be illegal in some states and provinces)
If you want flashers for emergency use only (busted down on the roadside), you could do as I did - wire your brake light, and also use the module to feed another red light located on the front of the bike. Of course flashing red lights are the universal sign of breakdown, and would not be confused as flashing signal(yellow)lights. Hopes this makes sense. I'm starting to confuse myself!
Cheers!

Just wanting to have the 4 blinkers flashing after turning a rocker switch. I would use it when ignition turned of or while riding in heavy traffic.

Yeah they dont put any flasher you are right but it could come after the switch I guess. I saw some diagrams using separated flasher or tapping the existing one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I have thought of installing dual filament sockets and bulbs in the rear only. Using one set for the turnsignals as they currently are. tie the other filiments together, adding another flasher and a switch. You would only have emergency flashers on the rear. It would be totaly isolated from the turn signals. Being only on the rear they would certainly be less battery draw.

My pc-8 power distribution is near the CDI but i dont have space there anymore. I'll be wiring everything in the tail too. I have space there.
I'll tap the 2 signals at the back and locate the flasher there.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back