Maxgasser seats

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Kratzenberg

Reaction score
Just wanted to write a review of the new maxgasser seat made by Rick(twistedmax).

I just purchased one from him this past weekend while at thunder in the valley.
Took it on a 100 mile round trip ride to the dinner run friday night, and i must say i was very impressed with the comfort. I have had the stock seat, also a corbin seat,then i had my corbin cut down and had a gel pad installed and i must say this seat is much more comfortable than all of those. I'm 6' and 200 lbs, and when i ride i like to move my feet from the engine guards, to mid controls, to the rear pegs just to keep comfortable. My least favorite position was the engine guards, now with this new seat that is my favorite position. Anybody that has forward controls or engine guards, this seat is awesome for that position! It holds you in and you can stay comfortable in that position for a long time...
It is obvious Rick put a lot of thought and hard work into this seat and it shows. from the ease of re filling the tank, to the quality materials, this is a great seat.
He also reassured me that he will stand behind his seat, if something ever goes wrong.

So if your in the market for a new seat, p.m. Rick (TWISTEDMAX) for details.

Attachments

• P6260289 (Small).JPG
    P6260289 (Small).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 117
  • P6260283.jpg
    P6260283.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 127
  • P6260287 (Small).JPG
    P6260287 (Small).JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 123
  • P6260284 (Small).JPG
    P6260284 (Small).JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 132
Thanks for the write up Bill. That seat looks great and with more riders providing feedback, Rick may have hit a home run with in our Vmax Community.
Nice Rick...

Nice write-up Bill and huge congrats to Rick (Twistedmax) for his creation! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I was unaware Rick had adapted the Maxgasser to a config that would work with the OEM backrest. It is time to get hold of the "Twisted One" and discuss a seat or two for the Dannymax stable! :punk:

I was up at Thunder this past weekend hanging out with Rick. That seat does look awesome in my opinion and it surely beats out a Corbin any day. You get great comfort and the passenger will be sitting above you not just behind you. The seat has the rider fitted snug in its form so when you get on the bike, you wont have to worry about sliding back in the sit at all. Rick has a few basic choices of styles and he is open to customization in the near future. I believe this seat will be a bit hit with everyone that sees it. Its a great design. Love how the rear seat works with the stock OEM grab rail or OEM backrest!

Way to go Rick!!! :clapping:

Thanks guys:thumbs up:, there was much time and thought:pullhair: put into the design of the MAXGASSER and I hope that it will make a more enjoyable riding experience for driver and passenger.:biglaugh:

I would like to thank Bill for being the first:eclipsee_gold_cup: to take the leap of faith.Robby , (new to the forum )who put one on his max wensday and left for a 4000 mile ride today! thank you and keep us posted.:hippy biker:
and Dannymax for commiting himself tonight ! thank you:th_peace:
(Danny didnt really commit himself ,he just said he wanted a seat)

Thanks guys:thumbs up:, there was much time and thought:pullhair: put into the design of the MAXGASSER and I hope that it will make a more enjoyable riding experience for driver and passenger.:biglaugh:

I would like to thank Bill for being the first:eclipsee_gold_cup: to take the leap of faith.Robby , (new to the forum )who put one on his max wensday and left for a 4000 mile ride today! thank you and keep us posted.:hippy biker:
and Dannymax for commiting himself tonight ! thank you:th_peace:
(Danny didnt really commit himself ,he just said he wanted a seat)

Heidi took care of that shortly after I told her about my new MAXGASSER seat!! :biglaugh: :jail: :biglaugh:

SHE COMMITTED YOU?:confused2: thats ok Ill ship anywhere:rofl_200:

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm: let me think on that,Ive got some Ideas:bang head:

Love at first sight! I jumped on this as fast as I could, hopefully I'll be able to provide the fat-a** review of Ricks creation after I spend a few days beating it up.

The stocker is a real PITA with forward controls in place, the MG looks like just the thing.

Ups to the OP, your bike has a lot of care in it, looking great!

Rick sent me a PM last night that my Maxgasser seat was shipped yesterday. Today UPS delivered it......that's ok....ey? :clapping:

I mounted it on '99, the install was very simple, it's a direct bolt up if you have the OEM grab rail and one 3/8" hole to drill if you have the Yamaha sissybar/backrest. (I drilled two holes cause I screwed up the measurement) :bang head:

The front section slides in and needs no bolting. Rick had said that previously but I figured....'well, I'll prolly put a couple bolts in just in case'....but there is really no need.

The Maxgasser is very comfortable, I went on some back roads to check it out and it really works well. It plants you down in the bike and the elevated passenger section gives nice back support.

Like Bill, I find the most comfortable position is with my feet on the crash bars. I'm really glad that I got those cruiser rubber foot pads, now. Got them last year but didn't use them much cause they just didn't work well with my screwed up back.

With the gen-mar riser I can sit up on the back section with my feet on the passenger footpegs for an alternative riding position if I need to. It feels a little weird but it gives another option.

The elevated rear section seems to flow well with the sissybar too, before the sissybar was just kinda sticking up in the air by itself but with the Maxgasser it works into the lines of the bike much better. IMO anyhow! :biglaugh:

Rick most definitely put a lot of thought into this seat, the choice of foam, pan and seat material couldn't be better! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I really wanted to gas up with it but it's way too friggin' hot here.....I was becoming badly 'wilted' after only 15 - 20 minutes in the Maxgasser saddle and speed back home to the A/C!!

Kudos to the 'Twisted One' for a job well done!!

Attachments

• 100_2042 (2).jpg
    100_2042 (2).jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_2043 (2).jpg
    100_2043 (2).jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_2044.jpg
    100_2044.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_2045.jpg
    100_2045.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_2046.jpg
    100_2046.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_2047.jpg
    100_2047.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_2048.jpg
    100_2048.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_2049.jpg
    100_2049.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_2050.jpg
    100_2050.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_2051.jpg
    100_2051.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 54
Dan i can totally agree, wow is all i can say it looks great, shot 7 and 8 look amazing really flows with the bike lines dont you think.

well done Rick, man i cant wait to get mine :punk:

Thanks guys,Dan Im glad it got there quickly ....but really thats just UPS.I hope noxx72 gets his when hes suppose to get it!

Tugla, Its in process as PMed.

Dan , you can adjust the stiffness of the hindge with a couple 1/2 wrenches, to keep it in place when fueling. the latch was designed to be firm ,if its a problem,PUSH DOWN HARD, it will get better with use.

guys thanks for the" well done" comment,my wife kinda laughed, the name of my little fab shop is WELD-DONE,on purpose.

UPS has me scheduled for today. I am planning on fiddling around the garage waiting on ye olde brown van. My wife is having fun at my expense because I am all "bouncy" this morning.

Really looking forward to a ride in the new saddle, especially after Saturdays ride out to mountain center / Hurkey Creek. Ach my achin butt-bone!

Logged in about 100 miles on the Maxgasser today and see no reason to change my opinion of this seat! I swear it feels like I have a new pair of softer rear shocks....it really helps smooth out the bumps!

I really like it! :clapping::punk::clapping:

Bob ,430 here ,I just got home from work and tracked your seat,ups says its in transit.if you have any questions on mounting, Pm me or call.

Will do, I'm just fiddling around the garage repacking some roller bearings and waiting on the Van.

Back