" Top SECRET "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i .. " OK " HERE IT IS , " ALL LIT UP " ! .. THE CAMERA MAKES THEM ALL FUSE TOGETHER , BUT BY EYE THEY ARE ALL PLAIN AS DAY " INDIVIDUAL " , EVEN FROM FAR AWAY ! . IT LOOKS MUCH COOLER IN PERSON ! ..

Attachments

• 100_1357.jpg
    100_1357.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_1363.jpg
    100_1363.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_1364.jpg
    100_1364.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_1366.jpg
    100_1366.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_1362.jpg
    100_1362.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 119
That's wild Timmy!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Even better in person, I bet! Cameras distort and change things, especially light and reflections!

GREAT JOB!! :thumbs up:

How's the wifey like a drill press in the laundry room?
i . ACTUALLY , SHE WAS THE ONE TAKING THE PICTURES , AND TODAY WHEN I HOT WIRED IT , AND I SHOWED IT TO HER , SHE ACTUALLY SAID " ITS COOL " !... AND BELIEVE ME , I THINK SHE LIKES 3 THINGS AND NONE OF THEM ARE ME ! :rofl_200: PS. I DO MY OWN LAUNDRY , SO ITS MY LAUNDRY ROOM TO ! .. :biglaugh:

Yeah....he was telling me about this....I still remember his words.....

"IT WAS DARK, I WAS SCARED.......I WAS ALONE!!"

:ummm::ummm::ummm:
i .. " WO " " WO " " WO " , I " NEVER " SAID IT WAS DARK ! .. :rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

so will these be on at the same time as the headlight and if not what are you doing electronically to swicth the headlight off

i .. I JUST PUT IN THE 12 GROMMETS AND SILICONED WHERE THE WIRES GO THROUGH ! .. AFTER THEY DRY , I CAN DO THE WIRING , JUST IN TIME FOR THE FEBRUARY " MOD MONKEY " !

Attachments

• 100_1368.jpg
    100_1368.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_1373.jpg
    100_1373.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 47
so will these be on at the same time as the headlight and if not what are you doing electronically to switch the headlight off
i . I'M GOING TO WIRE THE LOW BEAM WIRE TO THE LED'S , SO WHEN THE KEY IS ON , THEY ARE ON AUTOMATICALLY ( WITH NO LIGHT FROM THE STOCK BULB ) THIS WAY THEY " ALONE " ARE MY " DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS , I AM GOING TO PUT THE HIGH BEAM WIRE TO THE LOW BEAM POST OF THE STOCK BULB , SO WHEN I TURN ON MY HIGH BEAM , THE LOW BEAM COMES ON ( I NEVER USE MY HIGH BEAM ANYWAY , YOU GUY'S OUT IN THE COUNTRY ARE DODGING DEERS , AROUND HEAR I'M JUST DODGING QUEERS ! :rofl_200:.. :rofl_200:.. :rofl_200: .) , BUT I THINK I MAY WANT THE LED'S TO STAY ON WHEN I SWITCH IT TO " HIGH BEAM " TO TURN ON THE LOW BEAM , SO I WILL NEED A DIODE , SO WHEN THE SWITCH IS IN THE LOW BEAM POSITION IT DOESN'T CROSS FEED AND LIGHT THE STOCK BULB !

You'll have to daisy chain all the led's together and just have a single + and -, otherwise I imagine that would be a wiring nightmare trying to install. Maybe wire the leds to be on whenever the key is, then put a secondary on-off switch on the headlight...be easy to intercept the ground wire at the bulb connector and splice in a switch on the left plastic panel(where the key is mounted on the right side). I have two switches on it...one for the fan override and another for t-boost. That way you could preserve both hi/low beam function, but turn the main bulb off if you want during the day.

TBH running without a headlight wouldn't be totally kosher with me, they really do improve daytime visibility quite a bit. But compared with spikes in close proximity to your balls it's not that big a deal I guess.

Looks pretty sweet thought. Maybe do one in red or something? If you put a small cluster in the center of the lens you could make it look like an eyeball with the led's at night.

You'll have to daisy chain all the led's together and just have a single + and -, otherwise I imagine that would be a wiring nightmare trying to install. Maybe wire the leds to be on whenever the key is, then put a secondary on-off switch on the headlight...be easy to intercept the ground wire at the bulb connector and splice in a switch on the left plastic panel(where the key is mounted on the right side). I have two switches on it...one for the fan override and another for t-boost. That way you could preserve both hi/low beam function, but turn the main bulb off if you want during the day.

TBH running without a headlight wouldn't be totally kosher with me, they really do improve daytime visibility quite a bit. But compared with spikes in close proximity to your balls it's not that big a deal I guess.

Looks pretty sweet thought. Maybe do one in red or something? If you put a small cluster in the center of the lens you could make it look like an eyeball with the led's at night.
i . " RA " THESE LED'S ARE FAR BRIGHTER THEN MY STOCK HEADLIGHT " LOW BEAM ! .. AND THAT IS SOME FUNNY SHIT ABOUT THE SPIKES AND " MY BALLS " ! .. :rofl_200: .. :rofl_200: .. :rofl_200: .. :rofl_200: .. :rofl_200:

Looks great Tim! Very nice custom work. Definitely can say that it is a one off mod - never seen that done before. :clapping:

Mike

i . ( I NEVER USE MY HIGH BEAM ANYWAY , YOU GUY'S OUT IN THE COUNTRY ARE DODGING DEERS , AROUND HEAR I'M JUST DODGING QUEERS ! :rofl_200:.. :rofl_200:.. :rofl_200: .)
Funny as hell Tim!!!!!!! :punk:Light looks f$$kin awesome to me, I wonder how red would look? Probably piss the cops off with my luck!:biglaugh:

Funny as hell Tim!!!!!!! :punk:Light looks f$$kin awesome to me, I wonder how red would look? Probably piss the cops off with my luck!:biglaugh:

RED would get you a ticket, but Amber up front is legal everywhere, and might help out in foggy conditions.

I agree with Hat, having red or blue lights facing forward/ rearward are illegal as it impersonates a emergency vehicle. My buddy has a blue cbr600 and strung LED's under the body, under the tail, and even in the headlight enclosure which all of our police friends from a local, county and state jurisdictions said they would all ticket him if they saw him running them while riding on the street.
Having them amber might pretty cool which you could run them off the front turn signal circuit and still run the regular headlights.

Last edited:
RED would get you a ticket, but Amber up front is legal everywhere, and might help out in foggy conditions.

That would be awesome for foggy mornings,great idea! Looks really great Tim!
Lots of hard work has paid off with a one of a kind headlight.

Bill :clapping::clapping::clapping:

:clapping::clapping:

Looks great Tim. The home made mods are always the best. But I must admit I didn't think you'd have it done this fast.

I like it how it sits now. But could you imagine a processor making the LED's pulse or spin? Maybe faster with more rpms? :biglaugh:

Once again.. Looks great!

I agree with Hat, having red or blue lights are illegal as it impersonates a emergency vehicle. My buddy has a blue cbr600 and strung LED's under the body, under the tail, and even in the headlight enclosure which all of our police friends from a local, county and state jurisdictions said they would all ticket him if they saw him running them while riding on the street.
Having them amber might pretty cool which you could run them off the front turn signal circuit and still run the regular headlights.
I know, and I rarely run my red scoop lights out of fear of getting a ticket! I only run them when I am out of town, on back roads. I guess I need to change the color to amber so I can use them all the time. Good winter project if I can find the time to do it.:bang head:

Back