Trailering a 2nd Gen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fzmax

Reaction score
Later this week I'm going to pick up that 2009 in VA. Since I don't have one to look at can anyone tell me if there are any good attachements points in the front? I don't want to scratch anything and have never had good luck with Canyon Dancers. TIA, Wayne

No problem, I'll just pick it up for you and ride it up your way:biglaugh:......

Just kidding, congrats on the buy.

They make some short nylon straps that wrap around the bars or forks with loops on both ends. Then just connect your ratchet strap to the loops and you're done. This way only nylon touches the bike. Just make sure the front wheel is jammed up good and tight.

Congrats again, Shane

They make some short nylon straps that wrap around the bars or forks with loops on both ends. Then just connect your ratchet strap to the loops and you're done. Congrats again, Shane

Absolutetly!!

I put off buying some of these for years, finally got 'em and cannot believe I ever made it without them, you can wrap them anywhere around anything in places you could never fit a hook or would want to.....

Yeah, most dealers have some variety of "bar harness" that works well. For $20, it's a lot cheaper than having the bike tip over on the trailer.

If you have a flatbed trailer, Harbor freight also sells a MC wheel chock you bolt to the deck, then drive the bike into. It pinches the front wheel. My buddy puts it on his snowmobile trailer, then just uses a ratchet strap around the fork to keep the bike from rolling backwards at all and slipping out of the chock. Says it works well...

Back