Tuneboy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's MY latest update. I emailed with Wayne at TuneBoy and discussed my concerns about the cruise control. Specifically, I have a Gurued ECU and wondered if it would work with that. I was told I will download the current tune and send it to him and he will convert everything over to their coding so it will stay the same but have cruise control. I ordered the kit and received it on March 3rd. There were no instructions at all, just a large pile of wiring. I emailed them and to date have heard nothing back yet. Anyone have any ideas if something is going on there? Their FB page hasn't been updated in a while either. Really hope I can get some info from them as I have a cross-country trip planned in June and cruise would greatly improve that journey!

I have got nothing new from MC Cruise or Tuneboy. I am starting a pretty serious wiring project next week. Adding am Amplink, Halos, TPMS, Integrated Tail, Lighted License Plate bracket and self canceling turn signals.

I will try and do the measurements again for MC Cruise and send them to Tony. However I am not going to hold my breath on it.

Where is Kingsport?

Kingsport is in the very Eastern tip of TN. I can walk to VA and be in North or South Carolina and Kentucky in short order. Still no response from Tuneboy! Is Tuneboy a one-man show? Even if it is, there should be one day a week at least set aside strictly for answering emails ESPECIALLY to those who have already paid several hundred dollars for products!

I need the installation instructions to connect it to the bike and then how to download the ecu so I can send it to tuneboy to get the cruise control programmed and then I can upload it to my ecu. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sorry for the delay! Haven't been on the computer much lately.

Emailed tuneboy again last night with a somewhat more serious tone. I received the instructions today. However, after reading them I believe I am missing a connector. I've responded to the email with a request for some clarification. Hopefully, my answers will come quickly and I can get the cruise control installed!

If you need a connector, do not wait for one from Australia. Reach out to Joe at Cycle Terminal, [email protected].

He has supplied me with OEM Yamaha connectors for the Gen2. I am working on putting in the ST2 self canceling turn signal system. Since I have a strong aversion to cutting and splicing, I am making a custom wiring harness that will be plug and play. I am waiting on the custom wire to come in with the right colors and I will be able to finish it. I will post pictures when done.

I am sure Joe can ship you a Connector tomorrow if you can identify it for him.

By the way, please send the Tuneboy Instructions. I would like to read them. I would prefer the MC Cruise but am getting nowhere fast.

If you need a connector, do not wait for one from Australia. Reach out to Joe at Cycle Terminal, [email protected].

He has supplied me with OEM Yamaha connectors for the Gen2. I am working on putting in the ST2 self canceling turn signal system. Since I have a strong aversion to cutting and splicing, I am making a custom wiring harness that will be plug and play. I am waiting on the custom wire to come in with the right colors and I will be able to finish it. I will post pictures when done.

I am sure Joe can ship you a Connector tomorrow if you can identify it for him.
When I responded to tuneboy, I said if he would let me know what type of connector I need I would make my own harness portion. Thanks for the link! I've been looking for a good connector supplier!

Here is a picture of the twin connectors from putting the ST2 on the bike. The wires with the ugly electrical tape are from or going to the ST2 computer. The other side is the OEM. So to take the ST2 out, all I have to do is unplug these and connect the orginal sides together. I got the second set in just a day or two from Joe.

Attachments

• Connector Pair.JPG
    Connector Pair.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
It really is ridiculous all modern bikes don't have self-canceling signals! My 1983 920 Virago has them! Work brilliantly! Also, no response from tuneboy yet.

It really is ridiculous all modern bikes don't have self-canceling signals! My 1983 920 Virago has them! Work brilliantly! Also, no response from tuneboy yet.
I agree. My first bike was a 79 XS1100 and it had self canceling. I think it was an early design since it was based on length of activation. It would turn off after a set amount of flashes. Which meant that if I sat at a stop light too long they would cut off. But at least it worked! My 86 1100 virago had them too but it was based on lean. When I leaned the bike to make a turn it would cancel the signals.

The literature on the ST2 says it will not turn off at a stop. Yet to road test it but am looking forward to not looking like an idiot rolling down the road with the thing flashing away.

As I recall, on my Virago if I was riding and turned on a signal, it would flash 14 times or until I leaned enough to change lanes. If I made a sharp turn, it would turn off as soon as I straightened-up. If the clutch was pulled, it would flash indefinitely until you manually turned it off. It also had a 4-way emergency flashers switch. It definitely saved me a fortune in blinker fluid!

Back