Vmax owners age?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will be 35 next week, i have had my max since 2004. i grew up on dirt bikes and when i went to the military i got into crotch rockets. once i took my 1/4 mile test drive on the max i never want to ride a crotch rocket again....yeah, i'm hooked!!!

VMax, Extremely Addictive. A Real Mans ride of choice..
We don't fit in with riders of any other bike. We are alone...
Isn't it great......:biglaugh:

One woman that I know rides a VMax too. CaptainKyles Sweet GF,
Christine... Gotta give her all the respect in the world..... She's a Great Rider....

I owned my Max when I was 42. I currently own a Bandit and I'm 45. I've noticed that the girls who smile and wave to me while I'm out on the Bandit are a fair bit younger than those who were waving to me when I had the Max!

Blaine

One woman that I know rides a VMax too. CaptainKyles Sweet GF,
Christine... Gotta give her all the respect in the world..... She's a Great Rider....

my wife wants me to let her ride my max, i tell her NO all the time and she thinks i am being a jerk but i try to explain to her that the only experience she has on a street bike is on a rebel 250. i tell her that the max is not for the inexperienced rider and i dont want her to get hurt so i wont let her ride it for her own safety and i dont want her wrecking my max. if she wants to wreck a max she will have to go buy her own.....lol

1 in 4 of the original 85 owners were seriously injured or died on their VMax's. I have 350,000+ miles clocked on bikes. I've been 140, 150 too many times to count and 1st and 2nd gear still concern me with these VMax's. Strafer either turns the tire or points at the sky.. Especially now that Kyle fixed my clutch. What's really scary is doing a hard 1st gear when the wife's along. She waits until the bike is at it's peak then smacks me in the back of the head..

I must be ancient. I can't imagine how 25 other bikes are faster than the Gen 1's.. Brett's Gen II has more torque at idle than I have peak... UnFriggingBelievable.:confused2:

Either VMax is not for the inexperienced..

had my first max in 1986 some asshole stole 2 months later ! it was brand new ! now im 43 and got a super clean 01 had 5800 on it and got it for 4400 has dale walkers ss and some hiddious devil painted on air cover ! still love my 03 hd duece different ride all together !

I'm 25. My vmax is an '06. I've been riding since before I hit double digits. Notable previous bikes include an Intruder 1400, and a MT01 with a stage III track kit.

I'm 49 been riding all my life, well at least since age 7 had countless dirt bikes then started with a super glide Harley when I was 16 then when I saw the commercial for the V65 I went and bought one the next day. I LOVED that bike, I could ride wheelies at 90 mph for at least half a mile!! That bike was super smooth and fast!! Then while fueling up one day I saw a strange ( at the time) bike cruising past and from about a 35 mph kickdown he SMOKED the tire! Guess he was showing me the new boss around town. I wanted a max ever since. So I finally bought one in 08 and it's been an ongoing project since. But I did win the ISCA world of wheels show last year ( didn't have it ready this year) but maybe soon I'll move on to a gen II and fully customize one of those... We'll see... Ed

I am 79, original 85, 60K miles still riding

YOU THE MAN! keep on keepin on
punk0000.gif

No shit! :You_Rock: vmaxsea! Im 45 years old:blahblah2:

Iv owned a Vmax for 26 years.. and counting.

1 in 4 of the original 85 owners were seriously injured or died on their VMax's. .

Thats a grim statistic..

One of those 4 was me.. 11 screws and plate in my right elbow.

turning 45 on Friday :) Mostly rode trail bikes for a long time (KLR 650, XTZ 750, Pegaso 650 etc) but dreamed of Max ever since a first ride ages ago. Finally got it in 2008, now it's gotta go 'cos I'm on the road and I don't want it to sit - Maxxes are made to be ridden!

I'll sure be getting another one soon as I settle again, who knows I may even ship mine if it hasn't gone yet..

vmaxsea, Wow, I sure hope I can ride to half the age difference between you and I... That would give me another 10-1/2 years. that would make a Gen II worth buying.... I Salute You on all your accomplishments. Ride On....

rebar: Metal parts suck, they get so cold in the Winter... I have stainless in my head and titanium in my right foot...

naughtyG: We're really gonna miss you on the upcoming Tech Day.:sad2:
Your bike will be there without you..

38 got my current 97 last year, had a 85 for 6 years a few years back but it all started with my first street bike in 88 a brand new FAZER.. at the time,, high school time,, the max was pricey and the insurance would be more than the bike payment.. Once you ride a v-max nothing compares....

42 here, I got my first Max two weeks ago, wanted one ever since they came out but could never afford one, another good reason not to get one earlier on was attitude...couldn't go on a ride and stay calm enough to just ride and enjoy, i needed to go fast ALL the time, a V max just didn't seem like a good idea.
but I'm better now...

i just turned 21 and have a gen 1 and gen 2, ill live your fantasy for you bro. i already know im gonna wreck this gen 2 and crash and burn its just a matter of when

mattness: You may be around to see the Gen 4. Have fun but stay alive Bro. Remembering it's when and not if is half the battle....

Back