Vmax owners age?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im 45 ,untill I get om my vmax .................then I'm twenty all oover again!

i just turned 21 and have a gen 1 and gen 2, ill live your fantasy for you bro. i already know im gonna wreck this gen 2 and crash and burn its just a matter of when

We all crash , it's just a matter of when. Try not to burn , it really hurts , and you're usually not as cute as you were after burning your face.

Wear your gear , ride like you're invisible.

I'm 41, and have wanted a Vmax forever. Got my first one, a really clean 85, just two weeks ago. When the weather hit the high 30's, I grabbed my pick and shovel and chipped a path through the ice and snow so I could get down the alley to ride it.

It was worth it.

Last edited:
I'm 41, and have wanted a Vmax forever. Got my first one, a really clean 85, just two weeks ago. When the weather hit the high 30's, I grabbed my pick and shovel and chipped a path through the ice and snow so I could get down the alley to ride it.

It was worth it.
Congratulations on the Max ! I hope you like it What number is it ? that would be the last 4 of the Vin.

so far I love it. the vin is 3567. PO told me he was the third owner, done the clutch, plugs, tires, and 2nd gear pops back in to neutral. He bought it in July 2010 from a dealer who said it sat there for 3 years. Looks like it was repainted though, other than that it's stock. Oh, riding in the 30's may not have been a great idea. The fork seals are leaking now, but parts are on the way for that, and for the transmission.

39, wanted one since I was 13 in 1985, had to wait till I was 37. it was worth it!:punk:

22 years old here. I've wanted a max since I was 17, not that I am complaining 5 years isnt so bad to wait. I usually seem to like what the generation of my dad (48) likes for some reason. Maybe I'm just behind times lol.

... and 2nd gear pops back in to neutral ... but parts are on the way for that, and for the transmission.

Looks like you and I are heading toward the same project. I'll be starting mine in June. If you have the time start a thread. I know that there's been a lot of 2nd gears done, and everyone says to look it up, but when i was searching a couple months back, there wasn't a complete progress thread to help with the step by step once you dropped the engine.

Oh and i'm 48 btw. Another "up there" owner ... :eusa_dance:

well i'm 40.
been riding kz's for 20 years and always wanted a max.
came into some money and the price was right for a low numbered 85.
the wife thought it was pretty so it was a no-brainer.
good to have the blessing of swmbo.

47 years old here.

I never even noticed a vmax until 7 years ago when I was in the market for yet another 84-86 V65 Magnawhich I thought was gods gift to bikers, found out they were overpriced and impossible to find parts for, and ran across the Vmax on a V4 website dedicated to both.

I bought a vmax and never looked back, not sure how the hell I missed them back in the 80's, probably from living in the far desert country fuck place i grew up in.

I'm 28 here, I found that after riding very fast bullet bikes (R6, Cbr 600rr, R1) I needed a more comfortable bike (wife hated the bullets) so in looking around for a new one, a very good family friend had the vmax I now own, and let me ride it. I decided to sell my bike and buy his. I'm really happy with the bike, no sacrifice in performance for the comfortable ride.

I'm 25, I inherited my max from wife's grandfather two years ago. I didn't really know anything about them at them time and it was actually my very bike. It didn't take long before I found this forum and started reading up on the power and mods that could be done. I've had my max for a little over two years now and wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

I'm 25, I inherited my max from wife's grandfather two years ago. I didn't really know anything about them at them time and it was actually my very bike. It didn't take long before I found this forum and started reading up on the power and mods that could be done. I've had my max for a little over two years now and wouldn't trade it for anything!!!
Who was your wife's grandpa? I'm sure someone knows him here....

I'm 26 now, but I got my vmax when I was about 20 years old. This was the first motorcycle I've ever had. I never rode a motorcycle, dirt bike or anything of the sort on two wheels except for bicycles! I was told by everyone that I shouldn't get this for my first motorcycle. Anyway, I didn't listen to them, and got the vmax. I'll never forget the day I got the bike home. I had my buddy ride it from the dealer because I didn't even know how to ride a motorcycle! He showed me the basics and I was soon riding. Let me tell ya, what an experience! I still have my 20th Anniversary #189 Vmax, no dings, scratches, or lay overs. This goes to show the independence of VMAX OWNERS! And yes, I did pay for the bike and didn't have mommy and daddy buy this for me

36 here, this is my first street bike, I road dirt bikes ATVs etc as a kid. I still remember the first time I saw a max, I was 16 and loved muscle cars, one night I was racing my 76 camaro, when this bike pulls up next to me at the light. It sounded like a built V8. I was hooked...yes I lost the race. Bought my max 2 yrs ago, it was supposed to be a daily cruiser. Turned out to be the biggest project I've ever worked on. Can't wait to ride again.

29 just got my 95 last month, stupid gas overflowing carb on second ride. will be fixed soon. anyone got a +1 for me just sending the carbs to sean and letting him clean and jet them for me.

' Vmax owners age' Too young to know better when I'm on da Max. :biglaugh:

Back