What is the Best Mod Ever on a Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about that, I thought it had been cut down, because it had red thread on it.....if I remember right.

You are correct as to the red thread,( factory )but I retain an all stock cover when I cut the seats, you can't tell it's been done unless it's next to a stock one and of course when you sit on it and can reach the ground!

i wanna get rid of my shi*tty stock seat. anyone want the core...for a small price of course? i wanna upgrade to a Corbin. Corbinand Maxgasser are same price, a small 500 bucks.. dang. I like the Corbin look better plus pick your leathers... etc.

i wanna get rid of my shi*tty stock seat. anyone want the core...for a small price of course? i wanna upgrade to a Corbin. Corbinand Maxgasser are same price, a small 500 bucks.. dang. I like the Corbin look better plus pick your leathers... etc.

Ive had the Corbin and I have the Maxgasser now. They are worlds apart. DEFINATELY get a maxgasser if you can get Rick to make you one. There is no comparison between the two.

Ive had the Corbin and I have the Maxgasser now. They are worlds apart. DEFINATELY get a maxgasser if you can get Rick to make you one. There is no comparison between the two.

+1000 on the Maxgasser-I bought a corbin with backrest from a guy in frisco and sold it the next day-I rode it less than 10 miles.

If your gonna do a Maxgasser, make it quick. Rick has 2 left, and thats IT.

Buy it, you wont be sorry. Your not going to find a better seat.

Since this thread is about best mods I would be remiss not to mention a fork rebuild with OEM seals, Progressive springs and the synthetic import ATF. The seat was the best mod for mine but this occupies a slot in close second. I'm so impressed with this mod that it's the first thing I'm doing to my new Venture this week. I'll get a hold of Rick and try to talk him into making a Maxgasser for the XVZ as well! :clapping:

I'll keep that in mind, thanks guys. Who else has had the Corbin, is it just not comfortable or what? I do like the look better to be honest. Also I wouldn't mind sitting lower on/in the bike, it's such an upright perfect posture type of ride/bike. Not exactly a sporty riding position, nor is it super relaxed... I feel sometimes like all I'm missing is a pocket protector, prescription sunglasses, 3/4 helmet and a dog in a sidecar on my way home from my 9-5er at the family applicance store based outta Pleasantville, Indiana. Maybe Corbin helps with that, maybe you sit in the bike a little more with Maxgasser, I guess I dont know.. Blax, you got rid of yours within 10 miles... dang... thats a powerful message....

I'm 6'1", and my posture sucks when I ride, back hurts after a bit... plus I sit in a chair all day so that ain't helpin....maybe Maxgasser helps with support on the bike? I dont know, havent seen too many testimonials, but what I have seen has been positive. How is it for the passenger?

Also just one left? I'll be lucky to be on 200 miles this year with all the maintenance I gotta do with my bike so I'll have to look into getting one next year. Is Rick just not making them anymore for good, I doubt that but I guess I dont know.. maybe you all do... point is I am in no hurry to replace the seat this year.

Rick decided to make just 2 more for some funds for his car but he said a few months back no more.
It is true if you are a bit heavy and have extra padding on yourself(no offence to anyone) then the corbin is not such a "corbrick" and that makes since. You do feel set back in it and I felt I needed to get up out of it to put my feet on the ground when stopped. You will not find a better positioned seat or more comfortable seat than the maxgasser nor in my opinion a better looking seat. I would suggest forward controls or case savers w/pegs or like I have just pegs on the frame to stretch those legs-There is no feeling like it.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks guys. Who else has had the Corbin, is it just not comfortable or what? I do like the look better to be honest. Also I wouldn't mind sitting lower on/in the bike, it's such an upright perfect posture type of ride/bike. Not exactly a sporty riding position, nor is it super relaxed... I feel sometimes like all I'm missing is a pocket protector, prescription sunglasses, 3/4 helmet and a dog in a sidecar on my way home from my 9-5er at the family applicance store based outta Pleasantville, Indiana. Maybe Corbin helps with that, maybe you sit in the bike a little more with Maxgasser, I guess I dont know.. Blax, you got rid of yours within 10 miles... dang... thats a powerful message....

I'm 6'1", and my posture sucks when I ride, back hurts after a bit... plus I sit in a chair all day so that ain't helpin....maybe Maxgasser helps with support on the bike? I dont know, havent seen too many testimonials, but what I have seen has been positive. How is it for the passenger?

Also just one left? I'll be lucky to be on 200 miles this year with all the maintenance I gotta do with my bike so I'll have to look into getting one next year. Is Rick just not making them anymore for good, I doubt that but I guess I dont know.. maybe you all do... point is I am in no hurry to replace the seat this year.

I have two herniated lower discs, so over the years, I have tried different seats to get the best one for my needs.

Cut down stock seat (not from Sean Morley) - after about an hour max, had to get off bike for awhile.

Corbin - good for all day riding, but it's a wide seat that was not great for city riding. It would cut into my inner thighs when legs down at stop lights, etc... you sit higher on the bike.

Maxgasser - good for all day riding, with minimum back aching after a couple of hours - you sit lower in the bike.

For me, the Maxgasser is the best overall seat on my max.

Mike

I have two herniated lower discs, so over the years, I have tried different seats to get the best one for my needs.

Cut down stock seat (not from Sean Morley) - after about an hour max, had to get off bike for awhile.

Corbin - good for all day riding, but it's a wide seat that was not great for city riding. It would cut into my inner thighs when legs down at stop lights, etc... you sit higher on the bike.

Maxgasser - good for all day riding, with minimum back aching after a couple of hours - you sit lower in the bike.

For me, the Maxgasser is the best overall seat on my max.

Mike

Dually noted, thanks Mike! Sounds like I may need to expedite the Maxgasser purchase...

I've never used the Maxgasser. I do have a Corbin and find it to be more comfortable than the stocker, though I never had much of a problem with it either. Some people are facing bad spinal issues and need to get the best 'fit' for them to remain in the saddle. Patmax was doing some Maxgasser sales too. I think he had one he would send around to see if you wanted to buy one, and then you would place an order for one. I haven't seen him on here in awhile.

Two things I noticed about the Corbin right away was it has a width that interferes with the inner theigh, so while I have no problem flatfooting the Vmax it was still awkward when my feet were down, the seat was always in the way. The other is it is insanely hard, to much for my bony ass. I have also noticed that folks with a little more cushion find the Corbin more comfortable where those of us without can find them unbearable. Aside from the excessive width the shape is good enough but after an hour in the saddle it feels like it's lovingly crafted from cast iron or whiddled from a chunk of Briar.

PM sent.

I have the newer style corbin now, (removable plug vs flap) but interested in trying the maxgasser. Not sure which one you had left. The black with gray saddle or the black and black with red stitching.

Thinking the black with gray saddle would look best with my midnight metallic blue.

maybe I' m not too late? If I get the maxgasser and like it better than the corbin, I will have a very nice corbin for sale.

PM sent.

I have the newer style corbin now, (removable plug vs flap) but interested in trying the maxgasser. Not sure which one you had left. The black with gray saddle or the black and black with red stitching.

Thinking the black with gray saddle would look best with my midnight metallic blue.

maybe I' m not too late? If I get the maxgasser and like it better than the corbin, I will have a very nice corbin for sale.

I have the black and gray one left , I'm going out but when I get back I'll look for a picture of one like it on my blue max, it looked sharp.

If you don't mind telling everyone, what's your height and weight?

I have the black and gray one left , I'm going out but when I get back I'll look for a picture of one like it on my blue max, it looked sharp.

If you don't mind telling everyone, what's your height and weight?

I am 5'8" about 205lb. Yes I am interested in the Black and Gray What was the price $ and shipping ? Zip is 73072

I am 5'8" about 205lb. Yes I am interested in the Black and Gray What was the price $ and shipping ? Zip is 73072

Those two seats were( not made yet) discounted to $500 shipped ( in the USA)

It's the same as the email on the website ( [email protected]) BUT I never take payment until the seat is done ( cause I ride bikes and ya never know) it may be a few weeks ( (sorry) I'm getting my vega motor back this weekend ( and putting it in) and my 30th anniversary is the first weekend in September ( hardwood floors in the living room)

Send me an email and I'll try to find the picture I mentioned,( black & gray on my blue bike) and send you a picture of YOUR seat before you pay!

Back