What is the Best Mod Ever on a Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the same as the email on the website ( [email protected]) BUT I never take payment until the seat is done ( cause I ride bikes and ya never know) it may be a few weeks ( (sorry) I'm getting my vega motor back this weekend ( and putting it in) and my 30th anniversary is the first weekend in September ( hardwood floors in the living room)

Send me an email and I'll try to find the picture I mentioned,( black & gray on my blue bike) and send you a picture of YOUR seat before you pay!

You sound like a good man to work with Twisted...let's make sure these aren't the last seats you're making... Put me on the list for spring 2017

You sound like a good man to work with Twisted...let's make sure these aren't the last seats you're making... Put me on the list for spring 2017

Sorry man , don't think it's gonna happen, not unless I sell the design to another seat company.

Sorry man , don't think it's gonna happen, not unless I sell the design to another seat company.

Dang, alright. Well that's a bummer but it is what it is. Sounds like you got something good going with that, you should definitely do something with your creation!

Thnx though. Corbin it'll be I suppose.

Here is some I took just the other night. I really like the Corbin, bought it for the wifey to have a little more seat room, wider! Don't tell her I said that.

Attachments

• 20160825_182202_resized.jpg
    20160825_182202_resized.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20160825_182214_resized.jpg
    20160825_182214_resized.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20160825_182228_resized.jpg
    20160825_182228_resized.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 44
Here is some I took just the other night. I really like the Corbin, bought it for the wifey to have a little more seat room, wider! Don't tell her I said that.

Cool, thank you. Definitely is a bit wider looks like for both driver/pass. What did you go with for picking out your leathers... I see they have tons of options from snake to ostrich to this and that or wahtever, it'd be nice to see one of every option but that ain't happenin. also does that gas filler part just sit in there and pop out? sharp lookin though, and being it's the only option in the world, I'll have to start saving up for one for next year. (there's the velcro one but i dont like that velcro tab... yuck)

Cool, thank you. Definitely is a bit wider looks like for both driver/pass. What did you go with for picking out your leathers... I see they have tons of options from snake to ostrich to this and that or wahtever, it'd be nice to see one of every option but that ain't happenin. also does that gas filler part just sit in there and pop out? sharp lookin though, and being it's the only option in the world, I'll have to start saving up for one for next year. (there's the velcro one but i dont like that velcro tab... yuck)

As BlaxMax stated, yes it stayed attached. It has a leather strap and Velcro that holds the PLUG in place, opposed to the Velcro flap (older version). The plug is MUCH better than the FLAP, it allows you to fuel a little easier. The gas cap is pretty far down from the top and hard to open with the flap version.

As far as picking leathers, can't really say, I purchased from CycleJohn, a forum member, just about 2 months ago. I gave 244.00 after shipping.

Ahh, so I gotta find a used one and save some cash. I'm down for that. Gonna have to keep an eye out for next year - .. thanks

^ If at all possible try and find someone in MN that already has a Corbin and trade seats or bikes with them for an hour or longer ride to be sure the Corbin fits your body.
I personally don't like the Corbin because for me it's too wide, it cuts off the blood flow to my legs and makes them go numb..
I'm 6'1" tall with long legs and reshaped and added some foam to the butt area of my stock seat back in 2002 or so.
I took my time and carved it and then sat on it quite few times until I got it to fit my body like I wanted it too.
On the stock seat I could only ride 50-60 miles before my A$$ and legs went numb, the sides of the stock shaped seat (like the Corbin) cut off the blood flow to my legs.

The mod that did the most: Carrozzeria wheels and Meztler Tires. That transformed the Max into something completely different.

The mod I always dreamed of: Kerker 4 into 1.

The mod I still need to get: A Morley's Muscle Seat. Then I can stop my chiropractor sessions after each long weekend ride!

BorgBiker,
Carrozzeria wheels are the one Mod I would love to have but just never could justify the price.
I have ridden Vmaxe's with radial tires but never one with the Carrozzeria wheels and radials.
I'd love to feel the difference the lighter wheels and radials makes vs. the heavier modified rear wheels usually used to adapt radials to our bike.

BorgBiker,
Carrozzeria wheels are the one Mod I would love to have but just never could justify the price.
I have ridden Vmaxe's with radial tires but never one with the Carrozzeria wheels and radials.
I'd love to feel the difference the lighter wheels and radials makes vs. the heavier modified rear wheels usually used to adapt radials to our bike.

I'm looking forward to putting the carrozzerias on the 07. I didnt get the chance to stop by Seans when I picked up the PCW bike from Danny. I should get the chance to get them from Sean in a week or 2.

The mod that did the most: Carrozzeria wheels and Meztler Tires. That transformed the Max into something completely different.

The mod I always dreamed of: Kerker 4 into 1.

The mod I still need to get: A Morley's Muscle Seat. Then I can stop my chiropractor sessions after each long weekend ride!

Beautiful bike!

G

The Borg's bike is just the right blend of mods, a relatively stock appearance and useful mods that make a dynamic difference, as-opposed to "super-long, using organic vat dyes, full-thickness cowhide leather tassels, from free-range cows, unimpeded by barbed-wire fencing, and grazed on natural non-genetically engineered grasses." You know, the Kuryaken stuff, that makes your shekels fly quickly from your wallet while you 'foo-foo' the H-D.

ClickHandler.ashx

The Borg's bike is just the right blend of mods, a relatively stock appearance and useful mods that make a dynamic difference, as-opposed to "super-long, using organic vat dyes, full-thickness cowhide leather tassels, from free-range cows, unimpeded by barbed-wire fencing, and grazed on natural non-genetically engineered grasses." You know, the Kuryaken stuff, that makes your shekels fly quickly from your wallet while you 'foo-foo' the H-D.

ClickHandler.ashx

I agree. Borg has got probably the best lookin bike I've seen on here. Great balance of mods and stock. Awesome. Wish that was parked in my rented garage space.

Borg's list of accessories easily outnumber the cost of a used VMax, so it's effectively doubling the cost of the bike. The look the bike has is an improvement aesthetically over a stock appearance, and I am very partial to a stock-appearing bike.

Strangely, I don't find the stock seat the 'seat from hell,' as-opposed to the many on here who swear by modded seats or replacement ones. I bet I would find the alternatives better than stock, and in a matter of admission, I am currently using a Corbin. No bolts in that thing, I just slip it off to refuel. Much easier that way.

I just saved his bike pic into my VMax photo gallery for future reference.

Back