Air/Fuel meter and gauge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jim,

Is yours a wide band 02 setup or is it a narrow band unit?

It's a wideband.

Jim,

If you would like, i can loan you my wideband 02 setup. Its an LM-1 from Innovate Motorsports and will datalog as well. Since you are running a TPS sensor, you can use the LM-1 to log that and rpm. Just hit the button to start the log and go for a spin. Upload later and see where you need to make changes. All i ask is to take care of it and pay shipping.
It would be available when Fargo is done with it. In fact, he can ship it straight to you when he is done if you like?

Sounds like a plan to me!! Let me know and we can set this up once Fargo is done. Much appreciated sir!! Always say that the guys here are the best.

Jim, you do know the system that came with the EFI is the same system that Birdoprey is going to lend to you?

No I didn't! From what I read about the system I am really interested in the datalogging function. Does this system have that capability? I looked at the control box and didn't see anything that indicated it could accomplish that task. Will look again though, thanks a bunch Buster!!!

The wide band might work to give an idea for a rich or lean condition at cruising speeds to get optimal fuel miliage, but will not give you an idea what your actual A/F will be to acheive optimal power.

I agree, I would not get the wide band. I also run the LM-1 Innovate system, but have it on my car. Me and my buddy also installed the same system on his turbo GSXR750. at the track, we make our runs, record, then hook up to my laptop to see the run.It has helped a great deal in tuning a nitrous engine for my car. I'm able to tune and do it safely.

You mean the NARROW band might work to give an idea for a rich or lean condition at cruising speeds to get optimal fuel milage, but will not give you an idea of your actual A/F will be to acheive optimal power.

Also, you would not get the NARROW BAND. The LM-1 is a wide band 02.

It's a wideband.

Jim, you do know the system that came with the EFI is the same system that Birdoprey is going to lend to you?

Hey Buster,

Is it the datalogging unit or just the a/f guage and wideband sensor? If its the LM-1, then he's good to go. If just the guage, its doable but being able to datalog is nice/helpful.

Hey Buster,

Is it the datalogging unit or just the a/f guage and wideband sensor? If its the LM-1, then he's good to go. If just the guage, its doable but being able to datalog is nice/helpful.

It's not the LM-1, which is a really nice unit, but the LC-1 with a XD-16 gauge. The gauge has a record button on it and then you download it into the IM software. Jim has too many toys and won't read the instructions! LOL :biglaugh:
Hey Jim, on the gauge there is a REC button, it means Record not REally Cool! LOL...:biglaugh:

You mean the NARROW band might work to give an idea for a rich or lean condition at cruising speeds to get optimal fuel milage, but will not give you an idea of your actual A/F will be to acheive optimal power.

Also, you would not get the NARROW BAND. The LM-1 is a wide band 02.

My brain is fried........ Too much carbon monixide fumes in the garage the past few nights...LOL

Look at the Dynojet Wideband commander.

It uses a Bosch Sensor

It has tons of datalogging features, Throttle position, RPM, Boost and so on
It also has programmable outputs that can be set to drive all sorts of things like shift lights, nitrous, timing retard, etc and the output parameters are extremely tuneable for what datalogged conditions drive them....

Everything is downloadable via laptop, you can datalog without a laptop, but you have to have a laptop for playback.

But you get a constant and continous readout of A/F via the guage.

In addition it has a really nice ANALOG GUAGE you can actually mount on the bike and make look good, and the brain is small enough it can be left permenently mounted on the bike as well.

It's not the LM-1, which is a really nice unit, but the LC-1 with a XD-16 gauge. The gauge has a record button on it and then you download it into the IM software. Jim has too many toys and won't read the instructions! LOL :biglaugh:
Hey Jim, on the gauge there is a REC button, it means Record not REally Cool! LOL...:biglaugh:

Instructions!!!! We don't need no stinking instructions!!! Hey wait, I don't have them to read hehehehehehe.:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back