AWARDED: Award Request for [email protected]!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Award Request for [email protected]!

• Yes

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That's being open minded and give room for different opinions. Not everybody can stand a straight negative or different opinion. I dont think it's just an intercultural things. I'm sure it happens all the time.
Ed and prez have different approaches and objectives. Somehow both have their point, i understand both of their point of view :)
I just have an hard time with we're the best thing no matter where it's coming from. Nobody is perfect :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Just to end my partcipation here :)
Mike, ur a man of taste ur bike is a beauty !! keep going man :)
Merry xmas guys :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Re: Award Request for [email protected]!

i think some of us were waiting until its done! i think mike's a great guy but i like to wait until things are buttoned up and vote on the final completion.

i think prez did a very good job of explaining his viewpoint. I don't think he's ever expressed it that consicely, thank you prez.

this thread as been kept civil. lets keep it that way.

..Mike your bike is awsome but you should rather get Billing award.

so prez, after reading your post more thoroughly, i definitely can say that i can accept your point of view. but are saying that you think it would be more fitting for mike to receive the bling award, not "billing"? hahahaha. "bling", "billing" kind of one in the same. i know English is a second language, but perhaps this is a Freudian slip? hehehe

I don't agree. For Mike to take a perfectly good 2006 bike and do the mods that he is doing, qualifies him for the Mod Monkey 100%. If making your own taillight, adding radials, extending and bracing the swing arm, modifying the fuel tank, USD forks, etc. doesn't make you think he's deserving.....then I don't know what will! "Bling" award is for chrome and flash! I agree with Garrett that we should wait until its complete! $.02 deposited.

Nobody is ever required to change anything on their bike. There are few mods that you can do that havn't been done already. If Prez is taking offense to the ModMonkey award because Mike didn't design any of the components themselves there would be VERY few ever given out. I nominated Twistedmax for this same award. He DESIGNED a better seat than Yamaha themselves! I just thought this award is for the vision of making each bike the way each person wants it and I'm sure Mike installed most of the items he chose to mod the bike with. We're not all inventors or engineers or machinists for that matter, but personally I don't think it was only intended for the few here that are. But still no reason to criticize each others end result. These bikes take enough mantainance alone to qualify us all as Vmax mechanics at least those of us that do the labor ourselves instead of dropping it off at a shop and telling them what to do to it. Then I could understand the criticism I guess. Ed✨

So unless you own a machine shop, a casting facilty and are a fully competent welder you don't qualify???

I disagree,

While "decorating the cake" happens to some extent, there are a lot of members who deserve it for a well executed APPLICATION of items either intended for the Vmax or adapting them to get 'em to work on the Vmax, and doing so in a well thoughout and coordinated fashion. It's a Modification award, not a Fabrication award.

Fabricating, lengthening, notching and bracing your own swingarm definitely qualifies in my mind, As does adapting an upside down front end using parts that are available for other bikes that you took the time to research and figure out how to make work should qualify as well.

I think what really needs to happen is that we should establish an award for fabrication and design, differentiating it from application of existing available items made for the Vmax. If we did that Prez will be my first nominee.

Building your own engines like Sean does using parts he's speccing out and having made to his purpose like rods, crank and pistons would qualify as well in my opinion. If I ever get my engine put together I'm going to nominate Sean for one in a heart beat.

I have read through all these posts and still not sure what all the debate is about. It's a simple, YES, NO, Maybe vote system. Either you agree with the nomination or not and vote accordingly.

Also, bitching somebody out because they voted a certain way is not right, this is not a dictatorship system. You may not agree with it, but that's that persons opinion, so accept it.

We all have our opinion on what warrants a certain award and vote as such.

Mike, you are building a beautiful example of a custom Vmax and I know that you're sacrifice and hard work will payoff in he long run.

Mike

so prez, after reading your post more thoroughly, i definitely can say that i can accept your point of view. but are saying that you think it would be more fitting for mike to receive the bling award, not "billing"? hahahaha. "bling", "billing" kind of one in the same. i know English is a second language, but perhaps this is a Freudian slip? hehehe

Mistype...

So unless you own a machine shop, a casting facilty and are a fully competent welder you don't qualify???

I disagree,... ...I think what really needs to happen is that we should establish an award for fabrication and design, differentiating it from application of existing available items made for the Vmax. If we did that Prez will be my first nominee.

Building your own engines like Sean does using parts he's speccing out and having made to his purpose like rods, crank and pistons would qualify as well in my opinion. If I ever get my engine put together I'm going to nominate Sean for one in a heart beat.

You see, here in PL for example you dont need to have a machine shop to be a fabricator - just got an idea and let do the jobs you cant to someone else.
Welding for example or machining - but do at least one more thing by your own hands besides "instalation"(even this one is somethimes paid LOL)...
As you noted "decorating the cake" exist and its a typical HARDLEY pfenomena while even they can buy the new bike with some CUSTOM additives already instaled....then this jerk will name himself as a CUSTOMISER cuz he owns CUSTOMISED bike...customise my ass...

Lets go deeper even...there should be "salary amount" option while registering here and who makes the high scoore will get MM award automaticly...hey, he can afford so he will be modifiing his bike anyway so ltes assume he desreves...we dont vote NO anyway dont we...so whats the problem? :rofl_200:

Here in PL you are a pussy if you cant do something by yourself.
You are american so you dont understand and the same way I dont understand your attidue.

"Custom monkey award" (there was a NEW AWARD thread somewhere here) or anyway you will cal it may be a good idea but in case of my nomination I will refuse to accept it - I dont want any other award here cuz its to complicated.

I have read through all these posts and still not sure what all the debate is about. It's a simple, YES, NO, Maybe vote system. Either you agree with the nomination or not and vote accordingly.

Also, bitching somebody out because they voted a certain way is not right, this is not a dictatorship system. You may not agree with it, but that's that persons opinion, so accept it.

We all have our opinion on what warrants a certain award and vote as such.

Mike, you are building a beautiful example of a custom Vmax and I know that you're sacrifice and hard work will payoff in he long run.

Mike
I dont see any problem also but...some americans called me a dick(or something) so I responded to thier quote.

Simply you are not emerican so you do understand.

Calling Prez a dick for expressing his opinion is not cool.
That would be like me calling someone a dick for voting yes to a person who wrote this --> "I don't know what I'm doing. I am buying parts and bolting them on. Hopefully it all works."

Thank you Mike for a cool thread. Don't take offence at what I said there, I was deliberately expressing an "unusual" point of view. :biglaugh:
Each to their own!

My Bad, I was at first just put off when someone ( not knowing who) voted NO 2 days before Christmas and it just got out of hand from there. I WILL NEVER POST ANY TYPE OF OPINION AGAIN! Ride safe and take care.

Really?????????

Here in PL you are a pussy if you cant do something by yourself.
You are american so you dont understand and the same way I dont understand your attidue.

Now I don't understand:ummm:

My post was trying to come to an understanding of the ways in which you were RIGHT; and was largely in defense of your right to vote any way you see fit, and an interpetation of how various members might think about what the actual award means; i.e.; a difference between modifcation and fabrication.

Along with a suggestion to split the two to recognize outstanding efforts like some of the ones you have done in comparison to some of the simpler mods.

I agreed with many who also defended you by saying what's the point of voting if someone get's crucified for voting wrong.

I too think it's wrong to call someone out for voting thier hearts desire.

Then you come back with a zenophobic stereotype like the qoute above:rofl_200:
Whatever dude.

I earn my living by working with my hands, a good one at that.
A large percentage of us on this forum do as well. Innovation and execution isn't original with your country (nor mine, or exclusive to any country) so don't insult everyone by saying what you did.

Ever hear of the industrial revolution? It's still that way in this country. It's what won WWII. 99% of my friends earn their living with their hands, and a large part of the country. But there is enough maturity to realize that WE are not the only ones that hold these skills and capabilities. I could be equally as immature and come back with a quote like "you don't understand voting cause your country's never had a real election" or some equally as stupid post as what you said but I know I'd be wrong before I hit submit...

I'm done defending you as I have in the past on your "English as a second language" crutch.....I think we get you pretty clearly....No need for further interpretation from here on out...

Never needed any help with defending myself Rusty - again you failed with understanding the intentions of a foregin user. Remember - diffrent mentality.
I've had enough tries with explaining my WIERD attidue to someone from diffrent part of the world.
Funny it comes easier to asian or australian guys...again famous ingnorance from closed lands.
Take an example from allycat or ninjaneer cuz they understand things you will never do.

Paace v-maxer and farewell.

Last time I visited this thread, I proceeded to try and find out how many votes someone needs to get to win an award.
Of course I couldn't find it. :bang head:

It looks pretty award worthy though, doesn't it? That would be a landslide in politics.

BTW - CustomMax, I didn't take in who said what exactly. I must say that even if I don't agree with some comments at times, your comment regarding "2 days before xmas" certainly comes from a warm heart! :biglaugh:
We do things on merit, even if it's xmas. I think both ways are "right".

I never meant to start an international incident. When I said what I did I had no idea who even said it. I just wish Garrett would give this award to Mike and be done with this thread. I will never get involved in any voting again. I'll just kinda check in once in a while and use this forum to get help when needed and no longer participate in any discussions. This whole thing got so outta hand I'm considering selling my bike and getting a whole different type of project. Good luck to all I've met here and ride safe. Ed✨

Back