Problem with dyna

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok i switched to my dyna i had it on the self .i used stock ignition module. Even at stock settings untill 2000 rpm my engine dont run good. After 2000 it clears in every gear it is happenig. It feel like when you run your engine when it is very cold without choke that makes some gaps until you open the choke... It feels like that . What could be the issue?

Did you test for spark? When's the last time you cleaned pilot circuits?

i have tested curves 1-7 nothing changes. i have spark. the bike is moving but untill 2000 rpms it working like shit.after 2000 rpms everything works great

Sure sounds like a low speed circuit problem in the carbs...I fought that yesterday on my 89...
Shotgun Time?

If it didn't do this with the stock one, I'd say it's the Dyna. If memory serves, the early model bikes use a different dyna which I've heard is common to go wrong.

I would take it to a dyno. Do a run with the inductive pickup attached to each spark plug wire. They dyno will see any ignition problems.

If that looks good I would look at tuning the flatslides...especially low speed.

I have flatsides . If there was a problem with the carbs i thing it would apear and with the stock unit. With the stock unit all works perfect. But because i will install nos on my bike i want the dyna to limit my rpm to 9500. Do you thing because i have removed my vboost system this will be an issue for the dyna??? I have no v-boost controller no servo. Nothing. Do you thing the vboost circuit is needed for the dyna to operate coreectly?

Ok i switched to my dyna i had it on the self .i used stock ignition module. Even at stock settings untill 2000 rpm my engine dont run good. After 2000 it clears in every gear it is happenig. It feel like when you run your engine when it is very cold without choke that makes some gaps until you open the choke... It feels like that . What could be the issue?

Looks like you dont have good communication beteween dyna and vaccum sensor.

Did you read the dyna manual cafefuly? About MAP sensor?

Okay, i missed that your stock ignitor works fine.

Removal of vboost doesn't matter unless you "bumped" something accidently. Vboost isn't tied into the ignitor...it only "senses" the firing of an ignition coil.

Looks like you dont have good communication beteween dyna and vaccum sensor.

Did you read the dyna manual cafefuly? About MAP sensor?

yeap i read that but dont know if the MAP sensor dyna manual refers is the BOOST sensor of the v-boost system. if it is the v-boost sensor.... there isnt one on my bike. THIS MEANS I CANT HAVE A DYNA ON MY BIKE?????

yeap i read that but dont know if the MAP sensor dyna manual refers is the BOOST sensor of the v-boost system. if it is the v-boost sensor.... there isnt one on my bike. THIS MEANS I CANT HAVE A DYNA ON MY BIKE?????

Manifold Absoulte Pressure sensor somethimes called boost, vaccum or pressure sensor...The thurth is that sensor messures vaccum and pressure LOL...with a few exceptions.

You can have a dyna but without MAP correction or you can reinstall the MAP sensor.

Who told you to get rid of that sensor?

Vboost controller and servo are not needed for D3000 to operate. Map (pressure)sensor, is....just like stock.

Manifold Absoulte Pressure sensor somethimes called boost, vaccum or pressure sensor...The thurth is that sensor messures vaccum and pressure LOL...with a few exceptions.

You can have a dyna but without MAP correction or you can reinstall the MAP sensor.

Who told you to get rid of that sensor?
i got rid all the V-boost sytem when i installed my Keihin carbs. it wasnt needed. I didnt know dyna needed the sensor. FUCK. how can i make a map correction on my dyna???

Vboost controller and servo are not needed for D3000 to operate. Map (pressure)sensor, is....just like stock.

can you some info cause i am not sure if i remember right. ok lets say i find a boost sensor on ebay (i have sold my system) i just checked and found some. the plug that you plug on the sensor is on the main wires of the bike or it comes with its own plug that you plug it on another plug on the main wires of the bike...xaxaxaxaxa did you understand anything????

I believe the dyna 3000 has an LED showing if it's receiving a MAP signal. Same for power and p/u signal.

Back