Random electrical buzzing/humming while in 2nd+

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anton73

Reaction score
So during my first long rides with the vmax I noticed a buzzing would come on complelty randomly while in any gear above 2nd and last for about 20 seconds or until I downshift into first. Super weird. I belive have an igitech vboost sytem and the noise sorta sounds like the vboost opening up when the bike is set to the run position, but long and more buzzy. For reference the noise is definitely electrical, it's not metal rattling. Thanks!

So during my first long rides with the vmax I noticed a buzzing would come on complelty randomly while in any gear above 2nd and last for abouconds or until I downshift into first. Super weird. I belive have an igitech vboost sytem and the noise sorta sounds like the vboost opening up when the bike is set to the run position, but long and more buzzy. For reference the noise is definitely electrical, it's not metal rattling. Thanks!
Normally the vboost is set up 1 of 2 ways, with it to come on at part throttle, which means that it will come on in every gear at a certain rpm, or full throttle. Do you know what yours is set up at with the Ignitech?
Now that being said, the only issue that I've ever had was a small bit of corrosion and had to remove an reinstall the ecu. In my case, the corrosion was preventing the vboost from working at all.

Is the bike new to you and/ or have you done anything to it recently? Is this a new noise?
Can you reproduce the noise when the bike is stationary by revving the engine?

I somewhat surprised that you would be able to hear an electrical buzzing whilst riding what with a helmet on and the wind noise.
I've heard coils and transformers cause buzzing but never on a motorcycle.
The only thing I can think of is if you still have the OE front headers and the inner and outer skins have separated.

Is the bike new to you and/ or have you done anything to it recently? Is this a new noise?
Can you reproduce the noise when the bike is stationary by revving the engine?

I somewhat surprised that you would be able to hear an electrical buzzing whilst riding what with a helmet on and the wind noise.
I've heard coils and transformers cause buzzing but never on a motorcycle.
The only thing I can think of is if you still have the OE front headers and the inner and outer skins have separated.
Yes it new to me, got it this season and this finally got my endorsment. As for stuff done to it, only cosmetic, tires, oil and starter clutch. It was pretty loud buzzing, couldn't reproduce while stationary nor heard it before I posted the original comment. I'll look into the headers thanks!

Normally the vboost is set up 1 of 2 ways, with it to come on at part throttle, which means that it will come on in every gear at a certain rpm, or full throttle. Do you know what yours is set up at with the Ignitech?
Now that being said, the only issue that I've ever had was a small bit of corrosion and had to remove an reinstall the ecu. In my case, the corrosion was preventing the vboost from working at all.
I don't know how it's setup sadly :( is there any way I can find out? All I know is that I see the vboost pull when I get up to 6-7k in neutral

I don't know how it's setup sadly :( is there any way I can find out? All I know is that I see the vboost pull when I get up to 6-7k in neutral
Is it moving just when you get it up to that rpm? That means that it's set up to just move at a certain rpm, instead of like the factory set up.....100% throttle, at a certain rpm, like 6500 to 7000 rpm.

The ignitech set up is very versatile. You can make it engage at what every rpm, and what ever throttle position that you want. I have it on my 07.

You could always use the cable, and hook your laptop up to it as well and look at the program.

i see the cable pull
Is it moving just when you get it up to that rpm? That means that it's set up to just move at a certain rpm, instead of like the factory set up.....100% throttle, at a certain rpm, like 6500 to 7000 rpm.

The ignitech set up is very versatile. You can make it engage at what every rpm, and what ever throttle position that you want. I have it on my 07.

You could always use the cable, and hook your laptop up to it as well and look at the program.
cant be certain because i didnt install it (last owner), but while watching it began pullling when i hit 6 or 7k, couldnt watch it fully open after that cause it was blowing my eardrums out. So im assuming its set to move at certain rpm

See if the VBoost round electrical plug under the left scoop has anything of an auxiliary nature wired into it. There are electrical devices (like the Python, there are others) which allow the VBoost to stay open all the time or to open at 3,000 RPM or to operate normally which is opening gradually at approximately 5,750 RPM.

I've never heard of one of those devices operating at a high squeal, it almost sounds like something someone added to create that high pitch sound/ noise.

Latest posts

Back