What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I filled it up with premium and some StaBil, Started it up and let is warm up. Took a short ride around base housing neighborhoods and damn near got frostbite on fingers. (Summer wieght gloves and it is 34 degrees here with snow still on the ground, but the streets are clear)

Rode to work this morning. First ride since my bike was knocked over. Still missing a mirror and waiting on other parts, but it is ridable and I missed it. It was a wonderful ride.

Installed a led rear light kit that I bought on ebay and a chin fairing that I bought on the forum buy and sell page. Both look nice! Went on a 200 mile ride from west central Pa into N. Mar and back, had to take it easy cause there is alot of stone on the road left from winter

Made some tools and disassembled a pair of busa forks. Gotta figure out how to remove the bushings. Owners manual says don't touch them and they aren't on the parts fiche.

worked on matching the wiring harness to my new all in one gauge. not an easy job. had to review the wiring diagrams more than once and label all the connectors to make sense of it. and prep for powder coating.

Attachments

• 197827_1711625548337_1169083465_31564389_3325983_n.jpg
    197827_1711625548337_1169083465_31564389_3325983_n.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Made some tools and disassembled a pair of busa forks. Gotta figure out how to remove the bushings. Owners manual says don't touch them and they aren't on the parts fiche.

Cuz ya shouldnt!

There're some very special tools to do that. You may talk with Racetech.
I have only seen this once and it was very complicated.

Does it play with the "info" I've provided to you about tripple trees?

Installed "quieter" cores in my recently installed Mark's 4-2 exhaust. I loved the original sound, but I thought they were going to be too loud for my wife, when she rides on the back. The new cores are quieter but still have a nice rumble at idle and bark when the motor is rev'd. I'm very happy with them. I changed them out on the bike.

Removed the end caps.
Pulled out the cores and packing material.
Put in the new cores.
Repacked with the original packing material, using a long stick to push it in.
Replaced the end caps.

The hardest part was getting the end caps off. They were a tight fit, so they didn't just pull out.

Cuz ya shouldnt!

There're some very special tools to do that. You may talk with Racetech.
I have only seen this once and it was very complicated.

Does it play with the "info" I've provided to you about tripple trees?

I want to get them anodized. If I can't remove the bushings I will have to do something else

Got my COPs installed, carbs in synch. runs like a bat out of hell. I nailed it in 2nd gear on a back road, kinda tary asphalt, tire spun until it hooked up and noticed my clutch had some slippage. I have to be putting more HP to the rear wheel with COPs..........anyway I was impressed with the quality (workmanship)of the harness and the COPs conversion kit I got from 88vmx12 .

Mike dont bother that, take some teflon/derlin/polyamide on lathe and machine 4 simple caps.

I was wondering if that would work. I've heard from others who had issues with doing that. The chemicals leaked past the seal and ruined the fork once it got to the bushing. I guess a good fitting cap would prevent this.

I will have to see if I can come up with something. Thanks for the info.

I was wondering if that would work. I've heard from others who had issues with doing that. The chemicals leaked past the seal and ruined the fork once it got to the bushing. I guess a good fitting cap would prevent this.

I will have to see if I can come up with something. Thanks for the info.

If you want 100% sure of no leakage then use caps with orings or some sealant even but as noted, good cap will do the trick.

first test fit, took my can off just so it would be out of the way.
(Lew did i do it right?)

001-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

Not too exciting, but I finally got to take mine out for a test ride. :D

First time ever riding a bike (that has a motor on it at least) and I got to say I loved it. I had my buddy with me showing me the basics and the common doe's and dont's.

Back