What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool.
Top notch right there uh? Seems little shortie but cool.

Total cost?

yes i got shorty ones and actually like them quite a bit better.

They were $25 apiece plus shipping from hong kong so i think total was like $65.

feel like a jackass tho as the girl got them for me and i just found they sell them in a set for $25 plus shipping (not sure how that makes sense) plus they have foldable ones. The quality seems pretty good esp for the price.

heres the seller:

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/the2wheels/

another thing too i did some ebay searches looks like these are pretty common with all the hong kong sellers i wonder if there is a source in hong kong who makes them and has the few different sellers.

Hong kong, Thailand are godd stuff for good money, not like china shit.
By good I mean appropriate to what you have paid.

I've bought a steering damper from Thai and cant complain. Paid 15$ for damper and 10$ for 7 day shipping.

40$ for shipping is a bit high!

Got my Wideband Commander re-mounted (under the tank this time away from the dirt and water, it used to be under the sport tail) and got a good tach signal to it, wired in a "Log Session" button, uploaded the software for it on my computer and played with it a little to make sure it all works, then went by the paint shop to check on my skins....

They finally put down some color, be about another week before they are finished buffing it all out and finish up on the swing arm and pumpkin

Pics below are before buffing it out...

Wasn't sure about the color since the paint chip was about the size of a dime, but now that I can see it for real I'm very happy with the color..

Attachments

• 0321111034[2].jpg
    0321111034[2].jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 0321111034a.jpg
    0321111034a.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 24
Hong kong, Thailand are godd stuff for good money, not like china shit.
By good I mean appropriate to what you have paid.

I've bought a steering damper from Thai and cant complain. Paid 15$ for damper and 10$ for 7 day shipping.

40$ for shipping is a bit high!

no no it was $25 + $10 shipping per lever! haha, not $40 shipping

i didn't see the $25 plus $20 shipping for the pair until now though! hitting myself

i'll keep that in mind. i was very happy for what i got. the shorty levers are quite nice.

got my wideband commander re-mounted (under the tank this time away from the dirt and water, it used to be under the sport tail) and got a good tach signal to it, wired in a "log session" button, aloaded the software for it on my computer and went by the paint shop to check on my skins....

They finally put down some color, be about another week before they are finished buffing it all out and finish up on the swing arm and pumpkin

pics below are before buffing it out...

Wasn't sure about the color since the paint chip was about the size of a dime, but now that i can see it for real i'm very happy with the color..
did you just paint that carbon over racing faux tank???

I really like that color Rusty.

I shipped off some parts for chrome. I really don't have any chrome on the bike so I'm not sure what I was thinking there but whats done is done. If I like it maybe I will add more in the future.

Had the stem pressed out of my triple. Gotta get them anodized this week.

Ordered what I hope to be the last of the major stuff needed.

Still waiting on some items from various places to show up so they can be painted/powdered and then installed.

did you just paint that carbon over racing faux tank???

Yeah, I never had any intention of leaving it in Carbon....I just wanted the shape, couldn't seem to find anyone else that had it in fiberglass, although I have since, and much cheaper than $650 US that I had to pay for that OVER tank. Plus I was adding a different front fender and a new bellypan, and my old sport tail was looking pretty bad too since I was the 3rd owner on it and it had a rattle can paint job in black...

Check this out

http://www.capital-sign.co.uk/VMax Aftermarket Parts.html

When I finally got it it was ONE layer of very thin carbon, you could see through the damn thing...I don't think it would have lasted very long even being carbon...too light weight. And the area around the latch mechanism and the retainer knob thingies probably wasn't going to hold up long either if it got taken on and off a million times like us guys tend to do.......

I layed up some fiberglass on the inside of the shell to stiffen it up before painting

Yeah, I never had any intention of leaving it in Carbon....I just wanted the shape, couldn't seem to find anyone else that had it in fiberglass, although I have since, and much cheaper than $650 US that I had to pay for that OVER tank. Plus I was adding a different front fender and a new bellypan, and my old sport tail was looking pretty bad too since I was the 3rd owner on it and it had a rattle can paint job in black...
I understand your dillema but still, I would call it a "murder" :biglaugh:

Check this out

http://www.capital-sign.co.uk/VMax Aftermarket Parts.html

When I finally got it it was ONE layer of very thin carbon, you could see through the damn thing...I don't think it would have lasted very long even being carbon...too light weight. And the area around the latch mechanism and the retainer knob thingies probably wasn't going to hold up long either if it got taken on and off a million times like us guys tend to do.......

I layed up some fiberglass on the inside of the shell to stiffen it up before painting
No no no, you could be suprised by tru carbon :)

Now that cool but I wonder how much they want for thier faux tank cover?
Dang where is my credit card :rofl_200:

Got my carbon fiber scoops and installed them.

Also got a new Metzler on the back end. Last one got a gash in it, but I had road hazard so it only cost $100.

Attachments

• 2011-03-22 14.00.21.jpg
    2011-03-22 14.00.21.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 23
i hate to readily admit this but took 3 hours to install my new harlan light. haha

between trying to rush thru it and it taking longer then taking all off and soldering properly instead of using quick disconnects and the dog walking by and tripping over the soldering gun (hes fine just was clumsy) and then the gas company coming to make sure my entire lawn they dug up today was ok, it took a while. it looks good now and appears to be working correctly. tested @ 2k and 3k so hopefully i'll get to test it next week as this week is supposed to be f'n cold.

got the forks and front wheel painted and on,Also painted th swingarm & pumpkin & new tailight & wheel & inststalled its getting there a bit at a time.

Attachments

• 89 Vmax 001.jpg
    89 Vmax 001.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 89 Vmax 003.jpg
    89 Vmax 003.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 89 Vmax 006.jpg
    89 Vmax 006.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Well I painted the bike today. I wished all this work I was doing was on my own bike. Maybe next week I can take it to Hooters & get some pics of the girls on it.LOL

Attachments

• 89 Orange paint 005.jpg
    89 Orange paint 005.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 89 Orange paint 006.jpg
    89 Orange paint 006.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 89 Orange paint 007.jpg
    89 Orange paint 007.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 89 Orange paint 009.jpg
    89 Orange paint 009.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 89 Orange paint 010.jpg
    89 Orange paint 010.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 89 Orange paint 011.jpg
    89 Orange paint 011.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 13
Man, you get to fight back at all the Mod Monkeys even when it's not your bike... As many mods as you've done for all the rest of us, you'd think your neighborhood would look like a location for a Tarzan Movie......

Careful, Kyle You'll be getting nominated for a way overdue MM Award. Then you'll have no choice but to cooperate with them Critters......

All I did to my bikes today was move them over to clean one side of the garage. I'm awaiting a Clutch Master Rebuild Kit for the 89....:biglaugh: My MM's are taking a few days off to go to the beach..:clapping:

Rejetted the stage 7 from Mikuni 160's to 152.5's. Took me longer than usual since air horn is mounted on carb bracket.

Pulled the rotors off my RC wheels and polished the hell out of them.

Replaced the "olive" on clutch line (It's the little brass crush thingie that goes in between the galfer line and the factory hard tubing piece down at the master, the first one didn't seal up, played hell getting a replacement, or even knowing what to call the damn thing, Galfer supplies twice as many crush washers as you need with these kits, but only one of these "olives". I finally got ahold of some one at Galfer and they sent me a free one in the mail, along with the ones Bill at Wildbro is sending me too.)

Used my Mity-Vac for the first time, that thing is effin sweet, can't believe it took me so long to buy one of these, PepBoys $25 Bucks and worth it at twice the price, took me about 10 minutes total to bleed my clutch starting with a totally dry line. It has enough suction to overcome the check valve built into the speed bleeders as well, something I was doubtful of.

Ordered a new set of Avon tires...Front and rear, Storm II 120/70-18 front and Cobra 200/55-18 rear.

Ordered some stuff from Sean.

Ordered a polished license plate bracket from Cycle One-Off

Waiting on my paint to come back is taking a hit on the bank account, I sit in the garage and look at stuff to do while waiting.....

Used my Mity-Vac for the first time, that thing is effin sweet, can't believe it took me so long to buy one of these, PepBoys $25 Bucks and worth it at twice the price, took me about 10 minutes total to bleed my clutch starting with a totally dry line. It has enough suction to overcome the check valve built into the speed bleeders as well, something I was doubtful of.

I know right?! I love the Mityvac. You can do all the lines in under 30 minutes.

Back