What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rejetted the stage 7 from Mikuni 160's to 152.5's. Took me longer than usual since air horn is mounted on carb bracket.

I took the '99 out for a short test drive this afternoon. It was only 35*F but worth it. It runs much better and when using choke when cold it no longer wants to flood out.

Put my new black superbike bars on, with my new ebay bar end mirrors. I didn't get to ride it yet, but I will ride it to work tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2011-03-27 18.43.36.jpg
    2011-03-27 18.43.36.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 19
I finally finished all of the mods/upgrades/maintenance that I've been performing the past few months. Let's see...

Kosman rear wheel, radials front and rear; samco coolant hoses; progressive springs, 440 shocks; six-piston front calipers; braided brake lines front & rear, braided clutch line; UFO exhaust; Morley Jet kit; powder-coated side covers and grab bar; MaxGasser seat; LED turn signals and taillight; windshield; did the COP RUNNER gauges/LED upgrade; and of course changed/flushed out all of the old fluids while performing these upgrades/maintenance. Pretty sure that's it. I've bought some COPS off e-bay and will be doing that mod in the future, but for now I'm going to ride!

Attachments

• Before_1.jpg
    Before_1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Before_2.jpg
    Before_2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 25
  • After_1.jpg
    After_1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 35
  • After_2.jpg
    After_2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 28
Thanks Mike

And CaptainKyle, I went with a 170/60/17. If fit perfectly too, I didn't have to do the washer swap.

I went off the typical tire list that I've seen here on the forum and went with a sport touring tire by Michelin. I'll report later this season how they do, but on today's ride they felt great. The bike is a lot more responsive than before, but that is also due to the change in springs and shocks.

i made a carb sync tool at work, just have to try it out should work pretty good ! if it dose i would happy to loan it to anyone who wants to set their carbs, it dont look pretty but who give a s--t !

Attachments

• 0326111642.jpg
    0326111642.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 25
I went out & looked at my other parts bike that I bought the poor thing was parked in a backyard 4 years ago because or carb problems & left to rot. I figured the engine would be trash by now but I looked inside & no traces of water whatsoever so I pulled the outer cover off the stator cover & put a socket on it & it was not stuck in the least bit suprised the crap out of me. Now Should I try & fix it or use it for parts like I bought it for.LOL

I went off the typical tire list that I've seen here on the forum and went with a sport touring tire by Michelin. I'll report later this season how they do, but on today's ride they felt great. The bike is a lot more responsive than before, but that is also due to the change in springs and shocks.
I have looked at all the difrent sizes here. I just cant make up my mind. I am really not into the big wide tire thing so I might go this route.

I have looked at all the difrent sizes here. I just cant make up my mind. I am really not into the big wide tire thing so I might go this route.

I went with Michelin Pilot Road 2 for both front and rear:

110/80/18
170/60/17

I finally finished all of the mods/upgrades/maintenance that I've been performing the past few months. Let's see...

Kosman rear wheel, radials front and rear; samco coolant hoses; progressive springs, 440 shocks; six-piston front calipers; braided brake lines front & rear, braided clutch line; UFO exhaust; Morley Jet kit; powder-coated side covers and grab bar; MaxGasser seat; LED turn signals and taillight; windshield; did the COP RUNNER gauges/LED upgrade; and of course changed/flushed out all of the old fluids while performing these upgrades/maintenance. Pretty sure that's it. I've bought some COPS off e-bay and will be doing that mod in the future, but for now I'm going to ride!

and the cool front rotors!

Thanks I have one of the bolt together Kosmans out here & am trying to determine which size tire I want to run.

Depends on your wheel size. I have the 18" Kosman and the biggest tire I could fit was the 170/60 and it required the washer swap. You could probably fit the 180/55 with the 17" wheel. There aren't many 170/60-18 tires available though. Most are 160/60-18. The biggest problem is finding 18" radials for the front wheel. No 110/90-18 tires are available in radials. I have a 110/80-18 and it is almost one inch shorter which creates the "motocross" look. The 120/70-18 tires are even shorter and are not recommended on the stock width wheel.

Replaced a few shitty Yami fasteners with grade 8 hardware. Also, ordered a custom sissy bar pad from Sean!

Back