What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any OEM parts supplier fiche will work if you don't have a service manual.

Better yet, there is a down-loadable service manual in the VMF links.

Cheapcycleparts.com has a complete V Max parts fiche breakdown on their site. You don't have to order anything, but it is a handy source for a quick exploded view over everything. Just go under OEM parts and enter in your year/model. They have all the various sub assemblies and systems divided up.

Yamaha-motor.com has all the microfiche on their site all the way back

I worked on cutting & buffing paint & putting project orange back together. Its a little diffrent but the customer loves it !

Attachments

• Orange crush 001.jpg
    Orange crush 001.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Orange crush 003.jpg
    Orange crush 003.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Orange crush 004.jpg
    Orange crush 004.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Orange crush 005.jpg
    Orange crush 005.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Orange crush 007.jpg
    Orange crush 007.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Orange crush 009.jpg
    Orange crush 009.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 33
Well Kyle, Your doing a great job on it.... That bike could be named "Agent Orange". I'm still just kickin tires on mine.. If I'd get off working on my boat, I could do the iridescent red on the top cover and rear fender of SkullDuggery... Then I could plop the red trimmed Sergent/ Corbin Seat on ..:biglaugh:

Ok SIR, I will never ever again call you a SIR...SIR...

Im just screwing with ya bud :)

Here you go. Let me know if you need more and I can email them direct.

001Large.jpg

002Large.jpg

003Large.jpg

004Large.jpg

005Large.jpg

006Large.jpg

I replaced the throttle cable section that the ham fisted friend of the guy I bought it from snapped while helping me load it in my pickup.

rode her. traffic was heavy so didn't get to confirm the shift light is working @ 9k (still haven't confirmed rev limiter is working too) but it was a good 60 miles or so.

Rode her a good 150 miles or so. Mixed it up too, highway, country, stuck in traffic on a bridge, all good. Great weather in the Northeast, but about to go to hell in a handbucket.
Steve-o #4227

Washed, waxed, poliished this morning. Rode this afternoon. The BMW dealership manager came out and complimented me on how cool my bike looks. Then with a swelled head I stopped by a friends house. He told me my bike sounds great, just like his neighbors Harley. I may need the O-Ring fix, but he agreed it sounds way better than a Harley. It's sunny and 75 degrees.
P.S. A Noreaster? WTF. You guy's back east can't catch a break. Rand

Rode her a good 150 miles or so. Mixed it up too, highway, country, stuck in traffic on a bridge, all good. Great weather in the Northeast, but about to go to hell in a handbucket.
Steve-o #4227

glad we got out today. i'm doing my no snow only rain dance all day tomorrow. esp b/c the weekend is then supposed to be 45-50 and sunny!

I took mine out and rode it about 25 miles or so....I would have gone further but it was 46 degrees outside...come on summer, you bastard!:bang head:

Back