January Mod Monkey of the Month contest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas,will youll have time to enter yours this month?:clapping:

twistedmax, no it's still in pieces waiting for all of the parts to come in. But hopefully next month.

twistedmax, no it's still in pieces waiting for all of the parts to come in. But hopefully next month.
You should have your MAXGASSER in a few days:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:, thanks again , and best of luck for next month!

twistedmax,
I look forward to getting the seat. When I get it I'll mount it on the bike temporarily and send you some pictures. \m/

heres mine.

31745_1254915782667_1522748361_30549005_4672445_n.jpg

pretty much stock accept for the windshield and corbin seat. only stock cause i never have any money to throw at the mod monkey since i have a 5 year old and a 2 year old.....

heres mine.

31745_1254915782667_1522748361_30549005_4672445_n.jpg

pretty much stock accept for the windshield and corbin seat. only stock cause i never have any money to throw at the mod monkey since i have a 5 year old and a 2 year old.....

Great looking bike!

A stock VMax looks awesome and will always stand out among other bikes. My '06 with stock colours used to get as much/more positive feedback at rally's as some heavily modified Max's. The bike is an icon. It could use a few upgrades (some of which you already addressed): a seat upgrade, a few handling/braking tweaks, maybe some exhaust work and a carb kit. These mods won't impair the bike's reliability or spoil its clean lines and are easily reversible to full stock. Don't sell your stock parts if you can help it!

Seeing as there's a ton of folks wanting to make their Max's into full custom jobs, the best way to stand out with other Max's may be to just leave her as is!

Blaine

Do you guys mind if i slide in?... Im pushing Grizzly in... Don't really know the rules so if im doing something wrong let me know and i'll retract... Thanks
Other pics can be seen on my thread, just posted these in order not to clutter the topic...

16012011259.jpg

By wildweasel_pt at 2011-01-16

1000568.jpg

By wildweasel_pt at 2011-01-06

1000542z.jpg

Do you guys mind if i slide in?... Im pushing Grizzly in... Don't really know the rules so if im doing something wrong let me know and i'll retract... Thanks
Other pics can be seen on my thread, just posted these in order not to clutter the topic...

16012011259.jpg

By wildweasel_pt at 2011-01-16

1000568.jpg

1000542z.jpg

Wow!! That is CRAZY COOL!!!!

Man, is there any part on that VMax that hasn't been modified. Holy Smoke....:biglaugh: UnFriggingBelievable in a Wild Way... Should be eligible for a Global Mod Monkey Award..

Man, is there any part on that VMax that hasn't been modified. Holy Smoke....:biglaugh: UnFriggingBelievable in a Wild Way... Should be eligible for a Global Mod Monkey Award..

Nooo. Some stock parts were kept... The speedometer... The handle switch clusters, the brake levers and masters, the rear rotor, most of engine components and the license plate... :biglaugh::ummm:

And its gonna get even stockier than that. The OEM headlight is coming back on. I dont like the twin lights as they are right now... And like the kids they must share their toys so those two will go to Yeti but its gonna be in a funnier way.... The thing is getting done...

Well, I have promised for months to enter the contest, so here it is....

Next mod is the one off, fully custom, direct from Lang Hindle, stepped exhaust. Lang discussed my bike at length with me at the show, have a pic of him with the bike still on the camera, and he said that I am "choking" my bike with the stock tube Hindle header. He is now making me a custom stepped exhaust that he said will be a bolt on 10hp.

Attachments

• P1080037.jpg
    P1080037.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 39
  • P1080050.jpg
    P1080050.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 40
THEVMAXRIDER can you define me what do you mean when you say stepped exhuast?? i have read it some time in this forum but i cant figure out what does it mean. i may know the defintion in greek if i understand it in english .... love your bike and love your brake disc's

Alright all entrants into this month's contest. Like what I am seeing so far!! Just so everyone here is aware, this month's prize has been donated by fellow forum member CaptainKyle!!!!!! It will be one of Damon's engine assembly videos that he is purchasing!!!!!!!! What a cool prize for all the Mod Monkeys out there!!!!

He explained it to me and here is what he said in his words: "It will start with the 1.5" header tube from the heads for a length I won't say, then step up to 1.75" header tube for a length I won't say, and finish with a 2.25" outlet."

Apparently the lengths are "Part of the magic" in tuning the exhaust for a high HP engine. He said that the current headers are restricting the engine quite a bit. As it is his header I am running I feel pretty good that he knows his stuff:punk:

Thanks for the compliments:eusa_dance:

Alright all entrants into this month's contest. Like what I am seeing so far!! Just so everyone here is aware, this month's prize has been donated by fellow forum member CaptainKyle!!!!!! It will be one of Damon's engine assembly videos that he is purchasing!!!!!!!! What a cool prize for all the Mod Monkeys out there!!!!
Ok I bought the engine & carb videos gonna try & find something else to throw in not much since I aint rich just trying to help the Monkey out some.

He explained it to me and here is what he said in his words: "It will start with the 1.5" header tube from the heads for a length I won't say, then step up to 1.75" header tube for a length I won't say, and finish with a 2.25" outlet."

Apparently the lengths are "Part of the magic" in tuning the exhaust for a high HP engine. He said that the current headers are restricting the engine quite a bit. As it is his header I am running I feel pretty good that he knows his stuff:punk:

Thanks for the compliments:eusa_dance:

All about flow and gas speed.
The trick is to keep the same parameters and the whole length of the pipes...
Its tricky and cant be calculated.

Back