October Mod Monkey of the Month contest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are Avon storm ST-2 Ultra, dual compound, rear is a AV56 190 X 50 ZR17 & the front is a AV55 120 X 70 ZR17 The rear is fitted without a notched swing-arm.

is the front a kosman wheel? it looks good.

can't believe u fit a 190 without a notch! did you do the 'washer swap'?

CAN SOMEBODY GET THIS " MOD MONKEY " OFF MY BACK ! .. :rofl_200: ..:biglaugh: .. :rofl_200:

Attachments

• 100_1318.jpg
    100_1318.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 12
is the front a kosman wheel? it looks good.

can't believe u fit a 190 without a notch! did you do the 'washer swap'?

gamorg02, Both front & rear wheels are from UFO, It's a new style he calls "Smoothy" they have a continuous radius from the center web to the tire lip seal with out any step type machining. See attached photos. As to the rear 190 & washer swap (YES) I tried several different thickness washers from a range of .060 ~ .120 (our stock washer is about .100 ~ .110). What seemed to work best for my swing-arm was a washer I machined to .080 thick, I?m also using a rear brake caliper bracket from Boxenstopp (big rear brake rotor system). Which allowed me to re-center the rear brake caliper over the rotor by means of machining the caliper mounting surface to avoid spreading the overall opening of the swing-arm.

DSCF0930.jpg DSCF0933.jpg DSCF0934.jpg

gamorg02, Both front & rear wheels are from UFO, It's a new style he calls "Smoothy" they have a continuous radius from the center web to the tire lip seal with out any step type machining. See attached photos. As to the rear 190 & washer swap (YES) I tried several different thickness washers from a range of .060 ~ .120 (our stock washer is about .100 ~ .110). What seemed to work best for my swing-arm was a washer I machined to .080 thick, I?m also using a rear brake caliper bracket from Boxenstopp (big rear brake rotor system). Which allowed me to re-center the rear brake caliper over the rotor by means of machining the caliper mounting surface to avoid spreading the overall opening of the swing-arm.

View attachment 18145 View attachment 18146 View attachment 18147

very very nice bike, wheels and i appreciate the detail of the info!

Very nice looking wheels. I've been trying to figure out what way to go on rims, I wanted Carrozzeria, but their not available. I figured that left RC Components or Kosman weld-ups, but your rims look real nice. Can you tell me what you paid?

Are these much heavier than stock Damon??:confused2:
Nice wheels!

Dale #2592

Okay, after a lot of thought the MMRB have chosen the Mod Monkey of the Month for October.

Given that the criteria was a fall colors picture of your Max and that this person's bike is definitely one that the MMRB appreciated a lot, the winner is.................................... DAMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damon, you will receive instructions via PM on how to collect your prize, a set of solid motor mounts from Sean Morley.

As an aside I would like to say that this was the most difficult decision the MMRB has yet to make. Hopefully the trend continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those rims look just like my UFO Max Daddy rims. I like mine. they are as heavy as stock but shiny and nice ( if i ever cleaned em they would be). I think the rear was 1200$ and the front about the same?

Congrats Damon! Beautiful hot rod.

congrats Damon, does that mean you shook the mm off your back?

Congrats Damon - note sent to you on what to do.

The rims UFO used to use were make by EGO-Tripp which no longer makes motorcycle parts (they are moving to the aircraft field). I had a few hour discussion with the owner about many different things. The biggest thing they hated was the variance in the cores they were receiving which was one of the reasons people like Chris had problems.

I may eventually gear up and use the same cores they were using as well as the same programming (this was discussed too). But, in the meantime I still sell the RC's and Carr's (though the only vmax wheel I can get is the front).

Sean

Great job Damon! Congrats sir! Love the action pics with your wonderful wife on the back! See you in June at the Ice Breaker, unless you would like to come to Toronto for the SuperShow in January!

Back