Contest: Mod Monkey of the Month

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mod Monkey

Reaction score
All,

After discussing things with your Mod Monkeys, we have reached a decision to hold a monthly contest here. The contest will be for the Mod Monkey of the Month, with the prize TBD.

The judging criteria are:

1) Ingenuity
2) Originality
3) Personalization (did you contribute to making your Max "Yours")
4) Upgrade?
5) Appearance

The MMRB will vote on the entry that they feel best shows the above and the overall spirit of the Vmax.

To enter post pics of your mods in this thread. Entries will be accepted until August 31st and a winner announced in the first week of September. Good luck boys and ladies, do your Monkey proud!!!!!

Is this a self promoting contest? Coz I just finally kicked that monkey out of my shop after 8 long months of never ending mods.:eusa_dance:

Coz I just finally kicked that monkey out of my shop after 8 long months of never ending mods.:eusa_dance:

I thought the same thing, and wouldn't you know it the other day I saw a flash out of the corner of my eye of a brown furry thing. Know it is the monkey back for more....... You never can quite get rid of them entirely.:bang head:

That's the way I'm reading it Kenny, so just to kick the contest off I'm entering my "Nitrous Bike"

It's an '06 with the following:
Morley seat
'99 front end w/Progressive springs
Exactrep belly pan
Garretts custom pivot covers
NOS nitrous kit
some paint, some powdercoat

Attachments

• 100_2063.jpg
    100_2063.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 45
is this monthly mod monkey only mods you've done the past month or in general or?

As this is the first month we are not being uber picky over time of install. We just wanted to kick it off and see where the contest goes. Would like to see the mods done in the past couple of months, then from Sept. on we will only take mods done in the month prior. Sorry for not clarifying, got distracted by a victory in Operation "Deft Maneuver"!! The target was a tough one to pin down, but we got him!!:punk:

Submit your pic(s) and we will see. Older stuff, if good enough, might be considered. Want this to be fun and maybe give others ideas on mods that maybe they haven't thought of before. This is a win-win for the Monkey and the rider!!

I wish I could stay far away from a new tail section, a new radial tire with a notched swing arm and a usd fork .... but dude you're not helping at all !!!!!! :rofl_200:

I'll have to submit my new tailight/ license plate that I did earlier in the month. I'm not completely happy with it's out come so I'm going to be redoing it as part of complete redo of the fender/ tailight section this winter.
On a side note I too caught a quite flash of one of the notorious sock monkey gang that has been into my wallet for a better part of 3 years. I logged onto my computer only to see my secret mod list added to! I fear they have employed the infamous, rarely heard of "mentalist monkey" to read my mind in order to get my passwords so they can do their insidious work. I have some plans for that sock monkey gang but now fear my plans have been revealed so I will have back burner those plans for now.

I'll have to submit my new tailight/ license plate that I did earlier in the month. I'm not completely happy with it's out come so I'm going to be redoing it as part of complete redo of the fender/ tailight section this winter.
On a side note I too caught a quite flash of one of the notorious sock monkey gang that has been into my wallet for a better part of 3 years. I logged onto my computer only to see my secret mod list added to! I fear they have employed the infamous, rarely heard of "mentalist monkey" to read my mind in order to get my passwords so they can do their insidious work. I have some plans for that sock monkey gang but now fear my plans have been revealed so I will have back burner those plans for now.

I strongly suspected there was a 'deep cover, infiltration team' out there, but it appears their capabilities are far beyond what I feared.

We are well and truely screwed!!

On the other hand.....even tho we're flat broke.....we're gonna be LOOKIN' GOOOOD!!! :clapping::clapping::eek:h yeah::thumbs up::eek:h yeah::clapping::clapping:

<waving Jedi Monkey hand> "These are the mods you are looking for", "Your credit card has just enough room", "Ebay is your friend"..... Old Jedi Monkey Mind trick:eusa_dance:

:punk:Hey, you mean like adding new chrome parts, wheels, tires, and wave rotors? Hope you are a happy Monkey, Spurs

Attachments

• DSCN8038.jpg
    DSCN8038.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN8039.jpg
    DSCN8039.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN8037.jpg
    DSCN8037.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN9626.jpg
    DSCN9626.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN9627.jpg
    DSCN9627.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN7955.jpg
    DSCN7955.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN7953.jpg
    DSCN7953.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 35
:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:
:punk:Hey, you mean like adding new chrome parts, wheels, tires, and wave rotors? Hope you are a happy Monkey, Spurs

man. thats nice. pricey too!

So winter mods could still be eligible?

BEFORE:

IMG_6090.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Condensed list of modifications/upgrades:
1. New paint
2. HMF full exhaust system
3. Engine and frame repainted
4. Too many small parts to mention powder-coated (including fork tubes, scoops, body panels)
5. Larger brake rotors all around
6. Hayabusa 6-pot calipers installed all around
7. Stainless steel brake lines all around
8. Progressive fork springs, new fork oil, new fork seals
9. New steering head bearings
10. New mirrors, reservoir covers, handlebar, grips (Kuryakyn), mirrors
11. Changed ALL fluids
12. New fuel tank
13. Carbs overhauled and cleaned in an ultrasonic tank
14. New custom seat
15. New turn signals all around
16. New brake light
17. Replaced rear shocks with newer stock ones
18. Upgraded shift segment
19. "Double D" clutch modification
20. Solid motor mounts installed
21. Rebuilt starter
22. Upgraded starter wire
23. New oversized battery
24. Upgraded regulator/rectifier to a MOSFET unit from an R1
25. New starter clutch
26. Removed ignition coils and upgraded to COPs (Coils-Over-Plugs)

Other than the paint I did the work myself. That mod monkey is a demanding little mofo!

:Originally Posted by spursmech

man. thats nice. pricey too!
garrett - #5331
2003 Black V-Max
franklin, ma

:punk: Hey, like my friend always says, we'll make more next payday. You can't take it with you, and you won't need it where we are going, Wee, Spurs

OK, here goes. Not all done this last winter. I was gonna weed out the older mods but my stomach started to wrench from all the cash Ive thrown at this bike. Thew up in my mouth a little.

1997 Vmax
UFO 4-2-2 pipes with elliptical stainless cans
Morley Stage 7 jet kit
Widened rear rim 6x17
widened front rim 3.75X18
ME Z-4 190 rear radial
Progressive springs in front, lowered 1?
K&N air filter
Drag bars
LED shift light
Bar-end stainless helmet lock?s
Front/rear sport pegs by Oberon
PC 680 Odyssey battery
Removable sissy bar
Shortened rear fender by Exactrep
Dual Cat eye LED brake lights
Custom side mount plate holder with LED illumination
Stainless front/rear brake and clutch lines
Fan override switch
Muzzy aluminum fan blade
Super brace
R1 front calipers
Wave rotors
Bright headlight wiring mod w/55-100
Aluminum mini blinkers with clear lenses
Dyna 3000 rev limiter
Custom ?laser red? paint job by me
Rear LED reflector/ brake light
Side LED radiator reflector/ blinker
Skeletonized aluminum rear brake stay
Stainless Monster Radiator grill
Alarm system
Custom oil pressure gauge
Red vinyl letter inlay in scoops
Red NGK plug caps and wires
Programmable V-boost
Clear water pump cover
Clear gen cover
Clear intermediate cover
Custom mirrors
Chromed frame braces
High/low heated grips
3? extended swing arm
Sean Morley seat
5.5 gal fuel tank
Polished: lower fork tubes, front and rear rims,

Chromed: clear clutch cover, scoops, carb covers, cylinder covers, brake/clutch caps, grab rail. Bar clamp & dog bone, switch plate, rear caliper arm, valve covers,
levers, generator cover, bar clamp,
A butt load more.

Attachments

• Vmax 2010 039.jpg
    Vmax 2010 039.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 60
Back