Contest: Mod Monkey of the Month

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do need to make some rules to help the "average" guy in my own vision anyway. Engines, Engine Rebuilds, and Transmissions Work are Excluded (Which are the highest cost items). To me they don't envision the bulk of the "Mod Monkey" spirit since most of the people needing that work are doing it to keep a bike alive. This stuff does still contribute to the Monkey of course but on a different level.

We do appreciate those customers (and all of you) but want to promote this towards guys who are really bitten by the monkey and can't leave well enough alone (like me!)!

Sean

Think of this as more of a "bike show" to show off your creation. What we are interested in is seeing the owner's vision of the Vmax as they want it to be. There is no distinction between a daily rider and a show bike here in so much as we will be looking at the stated criteria and not so much how much money has been spent.

On the prize note:

After negotiations Sean Morley has graciously offered up donations for October's contest, a set of Delrin motor mounts, December's contest, which will end just prior to Christmas so we can get your prize out to you to put under the tree, of a set of bare (not powdercoated or chromed) V-stacks. Sean has also thrown out one hell of a prize............ For the person who has made the largest volume of purchases (by $ value) by years end Sean has a very special prize to reward his "Customer of the Year", either a complete seat set OR, should you have his seat already, a braced swingarm!!!!!!!!!

The MMRB would like to send a heart felt "Thank You" to Sean for donating prizes.

Cycle One Off has also donated this month's prize, a set of frame sliders of your choice and is also looking at donating an oil pressure gauge kit for a future prize!!!

Remember the Mod Monkey is wise, the Monkey is good:punk:
Oh! Now I see how this devious little primate is gonna bait us going into the winter mod season by having some great vendors lay some goodies out for us!
That Mod Monkey sure is a Master baiter!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Last edited:
Think of this as more of a "bike show" to show off your creation. What we are interested in is seeing the owner's vision of the Vmax as they want it to be. There is no distinction between a daily rider and a show bike here in so much as we will be looking at the stated criteria and not so much how much money has been spent.

On the prize note:

After negotiations Sean Morley has graciously offered up donations for October's contest, a set of Delrin motor mounts, December's contest, which will end just prior to Christmas so we can get your prize out to you to put under the tree, of a set of bare (not powdercoated or chromed) V-stacks. Sean has also thrown out one hell of a prize............ For the person who has made the largest volume of purchases (by $ value) by years end Sean has a very special prize to reward his "Customer of the Year", either a complete seat set OR, should you have his seat already, a braced swingarm!!!!!!!!!

The MMRB would like to send a heart felt "Thank You" to Sean for donating prizes.

Cycle One Off has also donated this month's prize, a set of frame sliders of your choice and is also looking at donating an oil pressure gauge kit for a future prize!!!

Remember the Mod Monkey is wise, the Monkey is good:punk:
J....ekhm...Monkey.
You should get here last Year, I was serious candidate for customer of the years last year :rofl_200:

How did that happen??? I'm the most unlucky person I know. lol
That monkey sure likes me! :biglaugh:
Got a set of cool looking grips coming...Thanks to whom ever donated those.
Id like to thank the academy, Yamaha, my family.....

Kick-ass bike Kenny, you deserve it! All who put in for the award had great bikes, it was probably the skulls that put you over the top!

How did that happen??? I'm the most unlucky person I know. lol
That monkey sure likes me! :biglaugh:
Got a set of cool looking grips coming...Thanks to whom ever donated those.
Id like to thank the academy, Yamaha, my family, and especially Dannymax for his endless string of brilliant ideas.......

Well shucks Kenny....it weren't nothing!! :worthy:

Thanks, I'm so used to people running the other way from it. Had her in a few show and shines and spectators walked on by like it was just parked there cuz there weren't any more places left. kids are scared of it, most cry when they're close and its running. Maybe its me...Does my breath smell?
Seriously, I'm honored. I brag about the seat from Sean, the mounts and brake adapter from "my friend in New Zealand-Jedi" "you have a machinist in New Zealand?" They ask...umm, Yep. OK so I embellished a little but I'm proud to have hand made special parts on my bike from friends that enjoy and get the same thrill as me. Way cooler than Yami parts, You guys get what I mean.

Oh and Dan-o...Thats some funny shiznit what you did right then with the whole typing in your own comments after my...:biglaugh:

Back