Spark Plugs question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have a stage 7 they should already be on. what does your airbox situation look like?

most vmax spark plugs are 18mm.

My Vmax doesn't have those kind of filters at all. It is just stacks made of rubber in my airbox. Filter is just a normal one, white color. Very dirty BTW.
When I bought this bike, it says that it has Stage 7. I don't really believe it, but am not sure. Even if I don't have Stage 7, could I use K&N filters on four stacks, as mentioned above?

Some people put the stage 7 on without the air correctors and keep the stock airbox. There's a bloke up here that did that with his.

To run the individual filters, your going to need the air correctors put in. Otherwise the bike isn't going to run well at all.

I see, I was thinking about it only because it is really hard to put those rubber stacks onto carbs and tighten them good. I don't like the design at all, not enough metal to make it tight.

I see, I was thinking about it only because it is really hard to put those rubber stacks onto carbs and tighten them good. I don't like the design at all, not enough metal to make it tight.

I know how that goes, I've stripped my airbox screws a few times. I switched to indi filters on my old XS11, no so much for performance, but on that bike its a royal pain in the ass to pull the airbox.

Sean can hook you up with restrictors to pop in, if you don't have them.

What are restrictors, do they raise the part where you put rubber stacks on the carbs? Oh yeah I have SuperTrapps.

if you keep the airbox for a bit, goto the hardware store and get some replacement allen-head cap screws for the phillips head ones

What are restrictors, do they raise the part where you put rubber stacks on the carbs? Oh yeah I have SuperTrapps.

you typically need a full header system to run a stage 7. whats your vboost situation like?

and no, they install on the top of the carbs in the 'air inlet' i think its called.

Yeah I'll keep it, I did buy new clamp hoses and it's still to keep it where they need to be. If that's what we are talking about. Maybe allen-head works better. How do I know if there is Stage 7 on my bike?

you typically need a full header system to run a stage 7. whats your vboost situation like?

and no, they install on the top of the carbs in the 'air inlet' i think its called.

I don't know about Vboost, never checked it to be honest.
Are restrictors expensive, or do you make them yourself?
Do they fit without problem into/onto carbs?

Yeah I'll keep it, I did buy new clamp hoses and it's still to keep it where they need to be. If that's what we are talking about. Maybe allen-head works better. How do I know if there is Stage 7 on my bike?

i would get the OEM clamps, regular hose clamps may be too thick. you can then replace the OEM clamp bolts with allen heads (altho new ones may come with allen heads, mine did for the carb-airbox clamps or carbs-intake manifold clamps forget which ones)

I don't know about Vboost, never checked it to be honest.
Are restrictors expensive, or do you make them yourself?
Do they fit normally into airbox?

take a look. do u here it cycle when you first turn the key? air restrictors are tiny machined pieces smaller than main jets. you have to purchase them. well i guess you could machine them but you'd need some pretty precise equipment.

About clamps, I still got original clamps, yes they are narrower for sure but they don't work anymore for some reason. Can't make it tight. When I turn the key, I hear some sound like humm.

take a video of it? that way we can tell what it is.

i've always been able to get mine tight, maybe talk to Sean about getting some new ones?

Back