VMax Journey Continues....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great looking schedule Jeff, but......if I may make a suggestion...after the clutch & brake bleeding don't you think it would be ok to switch to a TWO beer break.....instead of just the one?

The rest of the project would go sooooo much smoother! :rofl_200:

+1, that would be a great time for a switch to a two beer break. :cheers:

I think the engine is going to be put in this evening. I just want to get that out of the way.

Sean

Just don't scratch the paint! :eusa_dance:

That is the beauty about Duplicolor.... you can always touch it up!
I got the solid mounts in over lunch.

Abe, the cost just doubled though... since Morley is coming up, the wife is making me clean!!!! I work on motorcycles for free, but cleaning is going to cost you!!!!

That is the beauty about Duplicolor.... you can always touch it up!
I got the solid mounts in over lunch.

Abe, the cost just doubled though... since Morley is coming up, the wife is making me clean!!!! I work on motorcycles for free, but cleaning is going to cost you!!!!

Sounds like a good wife!

Or is that smart? Probably both! :biglaugh:

How about I just train your dog to clean the house and we call it even:biglaugh::eusa_dance::clapping:

How about I just train your dog to clean the house and we call it even:biglaugh::eusa_dance::clapping:
DONE DEAL!

Well Abe, you have a running bike.... well, you HAD a running bike. The exhaust is back off so it can get a frest coating. The muffler Morley had (actually he brought 2), but the can that I like is the quieter one, but it is still pretty loud. I could hear Morley a mile away as he left out of town. It has a good low tone and isn't too loud for neighborhood driving, but if you want to open it up, it will echo off of the houses! We ended up putting the carbs from my 02 on it (already had Morley's jet kit installed) This simplified a lot of potential problems we could have had or problems that may pop up in the future. We can basically eliminate the carbs as a problem.
I still think there may be an electrical demon inside there. I finally got the V-boost to not cycle correctly, so we switched out the v-boost controller, but I'm not 100% sure the one I replaced is any better. I haven't had a problem since, so we'll see. Neither one of us had the high RPM miss, and the bike idels 10 times better than it did! I think a lot of that had to do with the V-boost valve being slightly opened. The Busa brakes, fork springs, and new steering bearings made it feel a lot more stable and predictable. The bike is coming together nicely! I wouldn't mind getting it on a local dyno to make sure we have everything adjusted well. I also put the COPs on there and that may have helped out a little with the idle. It seems to fire right up and sounds pretty smooth.

A big thanks goes out to Sean for making the almost 1000 mile trip. It was good to see you again and I really appreciated all the help!

I only have a few things left to do on this bike and we should have it mostly taken care of:
New exhaust gaskets
O-ring fix
Install the freshly coated exhaust
touch up a few paint areas
install the radiator side covers

and then maybe install a little power adder.... Abe, do you want to tell them..????

DONE DEAL!

Well Abe, you have a running bike.... well, you HAD a running bike. The exhaust is back off so it can get a frest coating. The muffler Morley had (actually he brought 2), but the can that I like is the quieter one, but it is still pretty loud. I could hear Morley a mile away as he left out of town. It has a good low tone and isn't too loud for neighborhood driving, but if you want to open it up, it will echo off of the houses! We ended up putting the carbs from my 02 on it (already had Morley's jet kit installed) This simplified a lot of potential problems we could have had or problems that may pop up in the future. We can basically eliminate the carbs as a problem.
I still think there may be an electrical demon inside there. I finally got the V-boost to not cycle correctly, so we switched out the v-boost controller, but I'm not 100% sure the one I replaced is any better. I haven't had a problem since, so we'll see. Neither one of us had the high RPM miss, and the bike idels 10 times better than it did! I think a lot of that had to do with the V-boost valve being slightly opened. The Busa brakes, fork springs, and new steering bearings made it feel a lot more stable and predictable. The bike is coming together nicely! I wouldn't mind getting it on a local dyno to make sure we have everything adjusted well. I also put the COPs on there and that may have helped out a little with the idle. It seems to fire right up and sounds pretty smooth.

A big thanks goes out to Sean for making the almost 1000 mile trip. It was good to see you again and I really appreciated all the help!

I only have a few things left to do on this bike and we should have it mostly taken care of:
New exhaust gaskets
O-ring fix
Install the freshly coated exhaust
touch up a few paint areas
install the radiator side covers

and then maybe install a little power adder.... Abe, do you want to tell them..????

Of course I want to tell em...NITROUS! hahahaha....

Jeff and Sean for president!

I still can't believe that all of this has happened!

All the frustration I went through is a DISTANT MEMORY!

This forum and the people on it are the BEST!

Jeff,

If you get a second take a pic of those busa brakes on my bike for me...

I got some showing off to do to my neighbor who believe it or not kept right up with my rough running vmax when I first bought it...

The sad part was he was on a tractor known as the BMW R1200GS! I can't wait to rape him without the KY Jelly once I get my bike back!

Here you go!

Attachments

• P1010190.jpg
    P1010190.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 44
  • P1010189.jpg
    P1010189.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 34
  • P1010191.jpg
    P1010191.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 42
  • P1010192.jpg
    P1010192.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 41
Oh, and Abe, I did want you to know that I did have two buddies helping me get the motor back in and they almost walked out when they say your license plate..... and yes, they both ride Harleys. They stayed until it was in, but they gave me quite a bit of shit for it... I think they are just pissed they have overpriced bikes that can't keep up.

Damn guys, the bike is really coming along well - loooking goood!

One question, what that rear brake rotor come from?

Mike

Oh, and Abe, I did want you to know that I did have two buddies helping me get the motor back in and they almost walked out when they say your license plate..... and yes, they both ride Harleys. They stayed until it was in, but they gave me quite a bit of shit for it... I think they are just pissed they have overpriced bikes that can't keep up.

HAHAHAHA! Tell em if they can prove the plate wrong then I will glady remove it!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Rear brake rotor came from a 94 max if I remember correctly...

def not stock. its an EBC rotor. i put one on my '94 a week before i sold it. makes a world of difference. bikebandit has them.

Back