VMax Journey Continues....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
def not stock. its an EBC rotor. i put one on my '94 a week before i sold it. makes a world of difference. bikebandit has them.

I got mine off of ebay...it said off a totalled 94 max...?

Pinwall cycles if I remember correctly.

I got mine off of ebay...it said off a totalled 94 max...?

Pinwall cycles if I remember correctly.

pinwall does a good job representing the condition of their stuff but i don't think they're experts ya know? i got some side panels off of them really cheap....

take a look off of my old '94...

first pic is stock

second is after i put on the ebc....

Attachments

• MVC-001F.jpg
    MVC-001F.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMGP0950.jpg
    IMGP0950.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 40
Yea, made it home late so called in this morning to my day job and told them I was going to be a couple hours late. No biggie. Did about 50 miles shy of 1000 for the weekend. The drive up sucked the worst since I don't have my radio fixed in my suburban (some kind of electrical glitch). Jeff had one of his buddies help get my laptop kinda fixed up and I did the rest on the road (is that worse then texting while driving). Once I got my drivers back installed I could fire up the internet and play my favorite station live through it.

Abes carbs were probably useable but he had a lot of iffy wear on his diaphrams so since i was parting out my 05 it ended up cheaper to buy those carbs from me with my jet kit already installed then it would have been simply to buy 4 new diaphrams and then add the kit to those carbs!

The paint job turned out pretty decent in my opinion. One of the calipers is barely rubbing internally so I think jeff will take care of that (it would clearance itself in a few miles but won't talk long to fix it anyway). The steering head bearings felt good as did the spring install so jeff had that already done. I just did a bit of tweaking to the jam nuts before we did the test riding.

Got his temp gauge working fine and the fan kicks in though just a bit later then some it's still well withing the range it needs to be.

I am surprised at just how small the 170/80 shiko tire is. I bet it's not much bigger then the stock 150/90 dunlop. It's waaaayyyyy smaller then the metxzler and avons in the same size. No wonder you can install it without any washer swapping.

I will be doing some last minute cleaning up on the header getting it ready for coating. I am also going to shorten the muffler since the 20" sucker is LONG! I expect it will be around 14-15" when I am done.

Abe, I suggest the black ceramic on the head pipes and any color you want on the can itself. The can would polish out if you wanted but I would say to just coat it up too (included in the price I gave you). Do you want the can in silver to give it a bit of offset since there are some silver accents on the bike anyway? Maybe some opinions here can help abe decide.

Later,
Sean

Last edited:
IMO to much black and the details on the bike get lost.

I went with less is more when I did my bike. Less chrome, less black, less aluminum, less less less... lol

Sounds like you're going to have a great bike Abe.

Just in time to go to Ottawa this year with us...:eusa_dance:

Chris

IMO to much black and the details on the bike get lost.

I went with less is more when I did my bike. Less chrome, less black, less aluminum, less less less... lol

Sounds like you're going to have a great bike Abe.

Just in time to go to Ottawa this year with us...:eusa_dance:

Chris

I think jeff rec'd the black so I think I will go with that for the coating.

Sean,

I truly appreciate you taking time off and helping me out. Please pm me your address so I can send you at the VERY least the gas money for that trip.

Abe

I think jeff rec'd the black so I think I will go with that for the coating.

Sean,

I truly appreciate you taking time off and helping me out. Please pm me your address so I can send you at the VERY least the gas money for that trip.

Abe

u can always paypal him thru his email so he can't argue with ya!

I'll argue with almost anyone until I'm blue in the face... even if I agree with you:ummm: PayPal is convenient, but I would rather send someone a check to avoid the 5% or whatever the charges are.

Abe, I haven't forgotten about you and your bike.... don't worry it isn't in thousands of pieces being parted out on the black market. I'll be working on getting the funny gas put on your bike this week and will try to clean up the electrical side of things as well. I talked to Morley and you exhaust should be coming in pretty soon. You have new exhaust gaskets in place ready for this bad-ass exhaust to be put on. I still have a fair amount of work to do on it, but it is coming together nicely.... I hope you will be happy with it! Not a whole lot to update you with, but things are moving forward and I'll be sure to post more as I get things done.

Jeff

Jeff,

No problem brother! You have done more than enough already! Even if it blows up on my first run I will still be grateful for the work you and others have put in!

Abe

I finally got some work done on Abe's bike today. Got the nitrous mostly moved over and tested the electrical portion and it looks good! Well, it doesn't "look good", but it functions properly. I tried to make the wiring as simple as possible, but in doing so, I made a mess. I think I can tuck it all above the CDI unit. Abe, I'm going to leave it up to you to "tidy" it up. I tried to leave the solenoid leads as long as possible, in case you ever want to put this system on another bike or move things around on this bike. We are not going to use the progressive controller so it will just have the "arming" switch and the Wide Open Throttle switch for activation. We also have a fuel pressure safety switch installed so you should never be spraying nitrous without spraying fuel. Overall, things went pretty smooth, but I ran into the electrical demon tonight...:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

O.k. here is what happens: You turn on the key and sometimes the V-Boost motor cycles normally, sometimes it moves slightly and then it just hums. Turn the key off and then back on and sometimes it hums, and sometimes it pulls itself out of it and finishes it's cycle. I'm leaning towards a bad motor/servo and here is why I think that. When it is stuck humming, I can reach in and 'help' the motor move a bit and it will then return to the normal position. But my question is, could the servo motor being stuck cause the high RPM miss Abe has had problems with?

I'm off to bed for now, but would appreciate any comments or questions to help me figure this out.

Thanks,

Jeff

Here are some pics of the progress

Attachments

• P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 34
  • P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 23
  • P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 27
I finally got some work done on Abe's bike today. Got the nitrous mostly moved over and tested the electrical portion and it looks good! Well, it doesn't "look good", but it functions properly. I tried to make the wiring as simple as possible, but in doing so, I made a mess. I think I can tuck it all above the CDI unit. Abe, I'm going to leave it up to you to "tidy" it up. I tried to leave the solenoid leads as long as possible, in case you ever want to put this system on another bike or move things around on this bike. We are not going to use the progressive controller so it will just have the "arming" switch and the Wide Open Throttle switch for activation. We also have a fuel pressure safety switch installed so you should never be spraying nitrous without spraying fuel. Overall, things went pretty smooth, but I ran into the electrical demon tonight...:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

O.k. here is what happens: You turn on the key and sometimes the V-Boost motor cycles normally, sometimes it moves slightly and then it just hums. Turn the key off and then back on and sometimes it hums, and sometimes it pulls itself out of it and finishes it's cycle. I'm leaning towards a bad motor/servo and here is why I think that. When it is stuck humming, I can reach in and 'help' the motor move a bit and it will then return to the normal position. But my question is, could the servo motor being stuck cause the high RPM miss Abe has had problems with?

I'm off to bed for now, but would appreciate any comments or questions to help me figure this out.

Thanks,

Jeff

Here are some pics of the progress

that would make sense to me jeff... could it be that its not so much a miss, but it isn't accelerating as fast once the motor sticks and it feels like a miss, but its more just that it isn't fluidily opening....

if it was safe i'd say for someone with t-boost try turning it from stock to off at 7k to see how it feels... also not sure even if it would stop where it was....

my $.02

Jeff,

That is exactly what the vboost was doing to me! I'm glad it finally showed it's ugly head! If I need to order a new one let me know!

Thanks,
Abe

I chased the exact same demon for weeks before replacing my VBoost controller. All has been well since...

I chased the exact same demon for weeks before replacing my VBoost controller. All has been well since...

Was there any hint in the cycling when you turn the key on, like a hesitation in the whirring or something, or was it only detectable in performance?

Well, we replaced the controller as well, so I'm not really sure what all is gonig on. I'm going to try and put my 02 controller on there and see if that helps things out. I've got an old servo motor from the 85, but I don't think it is in the best shape.... I may try to tear into it and see if I can't clean things up and try it out. Hopefully we have it narrowed down to either the servo motor or the controller.... hopefully.

Was there any hint in the cycling when you turn the key on, like a hesitation in the whirring or something, or was it only detectable in performance?

Both, actually... When I turned the key on, I usually got a full cycle open, then closed, then this odd, spastic sound almost like a short as the VBoost kept moving back and forth for a bit... Took me a while to figure out what it was doing (finally got down with a flashlight and watched the process).

Before noticing the odd cycling, the bike would randomly surge, miss, and generally act strangly at cruising (throttle steady) above 4-5K RPM.

Finally, I turned the key on while holding the VBoost controller in my hand and found that by flexing the circuit board very slightly (or tapping it) I could make the VBoost move all over the place. Attempted the resolder and wireloom fixes, but ultimately bought an adjustable controller from MicroMachines and have never had the issue again.

Back